Not open for further replies.

ZeldaGamer00

That guy who does things
srb2-gl-error.gif

Srb2 is in "C:/SRB2" and just in case they are needed, my specs are:
Code:
Main specs

Operating System                        Microsoft® Windows Vista Home Premium 
Processor                               Intel(R) Pentium(R) Dual  CPU  T2370  @ 1.73GHz
System Memory                           1 GB
Hard Drive 1                            Hitachi HTS542512K9SA00 ATA Device, 111.79 GB
CD/DVD Drive 1                          KR3219T QLT241Z SCSI CdRom Device
CD/DVD Drive 2                          HL-DT-ST DVDRAM GSA-T20N ATA Device
Video                                   Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset Family
Total Available Graphics Memory         251 MB

Video specs

Device Name                             Mobile Intel(R) 965 Express Chipset 
Total Available Graphics Memory         251 MB
System Video Memory                     128 MB
Screen Resolution                       1280 x 800
Color Quality                           32 bits
Status                                  Enabled

Your situation is hopeless, I have the exact same problem with a similar chipset...and still have to play OpenGL in windowed mode. *throws bricks at the lousy driver authors*

Good luck playing ANY hardware accelerated game with an integrated video chipset. This question has been answered hundreds of times before, by the way, it would probably be a good idea to search next time.

GCFreak said:
Good luck playing ANY hardware accelerated game with an integrated video chipset.
Silent_Snipe said:
I have managed to do so before :/
Anyway, SRB2's OpenGL mode worked fully before i updated my 3d card drivers, so its most likely a driver issue.

...And the reason i posted this topic in the first place was to see if there was a way to get fullscreen to work

Silent_Snipe said:
Try setting a manual resolution.
It still crashes.

GCFreak said:
Good luck playing ANY hardware accelerated game with an integrated video chipset.
Integrated graphics do not suck, unless you've got really cheap hardware that wasn't made with 3D games in mind. My integrated graphics card is made by Intel, and does exactly what I want. Although due to a recent driver update, it detects most of the monitors I hook up to it as Generic PnP monitors, so it won't let me go into certain and sometimes necessary resolutions. T-T
zeldagamer00 said:
Anyway, SRB2's OpenGL mode worked fully before i updated my 3d card drivers, so its most likely a driver issue.
Mine did that too. If you don't care about taking the risk, unlike me, downgrading to the last version of your video driver could fix that.

Dr.Pepper said:
If you don't care about taking the risk, unlike me, downgrading to the last version of your video driver could fix that.
My 3d card runs WAY faster with the updated driver, so downgrading the driver is something i want to avoid.

Oh well, its better than no OpenGL. (My last laptop had ZERO OpenGL support)

Dr.Pepper said:
GCFreak said:
Integrated graphics do not suck

You may want a reality check, pretty much any integrated chipset not made by NVIDIA or ATI is made without games in mind.

zeldagamer00 said:
My 3d card runs WAY faster with the updated driver, so downgrading the driver is something i want to avoid.
I just finished dual-booting my Vista PC with XP today using parts of this tutorial. (w000000t! My inner geek couldn't be happier!!! :DDD) After installing XP's equivalents to the video drivers I have, OpenGL mode has no problem going fullscreen in XP. I think there is simply a lack of Vista driver support on Intel's end, as I have no such errors when using XP.

Also, Windows XP FTW!!vista1sukz!!1!11!11!!1!1!! *shot*
GCFreak said:
You may want a reality check, pretty much any integrated chipset not made by NVIDIA or ATI is made without games in mind.
A reality check? My head was checked enough times when I was six, I think I'm just fine...
All of the Intel cards I ever had played games just fine as long I had the video memory for it. I was able to play PJ64 on my Win2k machine with a integrated 4MB Intel card just fine, hahaha!

Dr.Pepper said:
A reality check? Do you think I'm stupid or need glasses? All of the Intel cards I ever had played games just fine as long I had the video memory for it. I was able to play PJ64 once on my Win2k machine with a 4MB Intel card just fine, hahaha!

All I am going to say to you is do is get your facts right, as obviously anything I am going to say is going to go in one ear, and instantly out the other.

Anyways, zeldagamer00, the only advice I can give you (as it looks like you have a laptop) is just downgrade to the driver version that worked. Not much anyone can do because you have an intelgrated chipset.

GCFreak said:
Anyways, zeldagamer00, the only advice I can give you (as it looks like you have a laptop) is just downgrade to the driver version that worked. Not much anyone can do because you have an intelgrated chipset.
I had already suggested that to him, he doesn't want to do it and has good reason not to...
GCFreak said:
All I am going to say to you is do is get your facts right, as obviously anything I am going to say is going to go in one ear, and instantly out the other.
I'm not stupid, I do listen to good reasoning, even if I don't like it. What exactly would you have to say to me anyway?
Sure, nVidia might be the better choice if you actually care about playing the latest and most lazily coded high-end games ever, but Intel is still a good brand, don't crap all over it while I'm looking at least. D:

Dr.Pepper said:
Sure, nVidia might be the better choice if you actually care about playing the latest and most lazily coded high-end games ever, but Intel is still a good brand, don't crap all over it while I'm looking at least. D:

I think someone is a little too young to remember the i740 and i810 days...

There were i810's?! 0_0 The oldest Intel CPU I knew of was the i386, shoot me for not becoming interested in computers until I got a Windows 95 PC.
I'm only 51% geek anyway, what would I know? :P *shot*

AJ is talking about the intel chipsets. Intel intergrated cards are not meant for gaming at all. They are just designed for basic work and low, low end games.

Sonict said:
Intel integrated cards are not meant for gaming at all. They are just designed for basic work and low, low end games.
Does Sonic Heroes or Call of Duty 2 count as low-end gaming then? :P *spilled*
Ok, I'll can it, seeing as I don't actually need to buy a decent video card to play the games I like. I do remember the manual to my eMachine PC saying the Intel "Graphics Media Accelerator" was "great for 3D presentations", etc, so yeah, pretty much confirms what you said.

Sorry for the two week bump, but i got OpenGL mode to work in fullscreen with no errors.
This is what i did:

After getting tired of the windows classic theme, i changed it back to aero,
then I set up SRB2's OpenGL mode to windowed and manual resolution
640x400, i went in and changed "fullscreen" to on, then set the default
resolution to 640x400, i made sure that everything saved and closed SRB2,
afterwords i set it to OpenGL without the extras (srb2win.exe -opengl)
And fullscreen is now working fully.

I just hope that this may help anybody with the same problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back