Changing the angle and Z of an Alt. Viewpoint

Status
Not open for further replies.

Goldenhog

Wandering Protagonist
Lua is a lot harder than I remember it being, damn. So, my goal is to have a camera that stays in one place but changes angle and height to accomodate for the player's position (kind of like in those shmups where if you move enough to one side the camera moves with you a little bit because the play area is actually slightly bigger than what is shown on-screen). I've accomplished half of that with an Alternate View Point, but I can't seem to get it to change its angle or height. Or do much of anything at all, which is why I'm here asking for help.

That is, if it's possible to do at all. The alt view mobj has the no thinker flag and while I'm not absolutely sure if that's what preventing me from doing this, it'd be a bitch if it was because it's something I want to submit to SUBARASHII (if I can finish it on time, anyway) and the rules say not to alter the vanilla objects.

You can use Lua to set player.awayviewmobj (and its associated variables, player.awayviewaiming and player.awayviewtics) to anything you want, meaning you can use a custom object without the MF_NOTHINK flag as the camera instead of an ordinary Alternative View Point.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back