SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Archived > Outdated Releases (0.X & 1.X)

View Poll Results: Do you like the look of this wad and what do you think of the gameplay?
I would say this level is excellent for a first wad. 4 18.18%
I would say this level is good for a first wad. 3 13.64%
I would say this level is... meh for a first wad. 2 9.09%
I wouldn't call this level very good even if it is a first try. 3 13.64%
I would say this level is awful. 10 45.45%
Voters: 22. You may not vote on this poll

 
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Old 10-12-2007   #1
Hannyness
 
Hannyness's Avatar
Default The Meeting Room [Discontinued]

This topic is the release of my first completed level wad. this level was made with Doom Builder, and may I thank Sykotic (for his advice and patience with my noobishness) and SF94 (For his help with the glitchiest thok barrier in the world, and for his advice on my crap colour scheme)
__________________________________________________ _________

'Eggman's Meeting Room: Do Not Enter Without Permission. Please Be Tidy.'

Well, every Sonic character needs some fun, right? Sonic, Tails, Knuckles and the gang are bored, and decide to have some fun in Eggman's Council Meeting Place. Maybe they'll find all the Emeralds, too...
__________________________________________________ __________

Known Bugs: The level still appears as Greenflower Zone and shares it's music. A friend of mine is going to help me fix that in due course as I suck at scripts and SOCs.

The Level is playable only in Coop mode at the moment. Just force Match until I fix that.

The ceiling above the chairs is glitched. I'm fixing that ASAP.

Known Stuff You Think Is A Bug But Isn't: 'OMG I CNT GT OWT OF TEH EMRLD LOCASHUNS!!111SHIFTONE'
...No, that's on purpose. I can think of at least three ways to get out. But i'm not telling you how.
__________________________________________________ __________
Hannyness @ SRB2MB and Team Metal Forums. Please do not redistribute this wad without permission. You are welcome to edit this wad as long as credit is given to myself and the SRB2MB. Under NO CIRCUMSTANCES DO YOU CLAIM TO OWN THIS WAD.
__________________________________________________ ________
Final Note

As I say, this is my first wad so be as harsh as you like. Also, I sincerely apologise for the crap screenshots, as I can't get any of the fixing codes to work.
__________________________________________________ _________


Screenshots

This is the main part of the level, which is almost symmetrical. I believe at least one of the Emerald Locations is shown here. The pillars you see are black and white.



One of the pillars (they're all the same, so don't ask me which one.)



Ohmygod! Secret Emerald location! Go on, try and find it. Attempt the impossible.


Another random view.



__________________________________________________ __________

So, you've seen the screenies. You've probably guessed the locations already. Now for the download link.

http://www.sendspace.com/file/gjlm1w

Have a nice day and please post feedback.
__________________
Decidedly, meow.
Hannyness is offline  
Old 10-12-2007   #2
on Edge
 
on Edge's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannyness
Quote:
Good effort, maybe needs a little work
IS constructive. Know the difference.
No it isn't. It doesn't describe what needs work at all.


http://www.srb2wiki.sepwich.com/wiki/Map_Header

Too small and pointless, as well as needing the rings to be put in lines. Also, it's only 6 sectors. EPICFAIL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannyness
Hannyness @ http://ssntails.sepwich.com/mb and http://metalsonicmk72.forumsvibe.com. Please do not redistribute this wad without permission. You are welcome to edit this wad as long as credit is given to myself and the SRB2MB. Under NO CIRCUMSTANCES DO YOU CLAIM TO OWN THIS WAD.
No one cares, and your link is broked.
on Edge is offline  
Old 10-12-2007   #3
Hannyness
 
Hannyness's Avatar
Default

Quote:
EPICPHAIL
Please don't flame, I know I said be as harsh as you like but at least try and be civil :)


Quote:
No one cares
Au contraire. I do. And I deem it necessary.

Quote:
Hannyness wrote:
Quote:
Good effort, maybe needs a little work


IS constructive. Know the difference.

No it isn't. It doesn't describe what needs work at all.
And that has to do with this topic... what?

I know how to do it but my SRB2 Doom Builder is, in fact, glitchier than a level with no thok barrier and therefore crashes when I try and edit my MAINCFG lump.

Quote:
and your link is broked
Thanks for telling me.
__________________
Decidedly, meow.
Hannyness is offline  
Old 10-12-2007   #4
Kuja
 
Kuja's Avatar
Default

Well, I can't say that I like this map, but for one, it looks organized. However, there are just too many flaws in this map-

1)First and foremost, what is an emerald pickup doing in a match map in the first place? Remove this immediately, please.

2)The stage is confined to one room. It's just too simple to be any fun. Add some side areas away from the main area.

3)Rings are few and far in between. Having to walk 5 steps between rings can get really frustrating in a heated match. You should always try to add rings in bunches.

4)For the love of god, fix your map header. on Edge has already provided the link.

5)Look at SRB2's main levels. Use them as an example to find out what your map lacks.

As this match/tag level is now, I wouldn't touch it with a ten-foot pole, Sorry.
Kuja is offline  
Old 10-12-2007   #5
Hannyness
 
Hannyness's Avatar
Default

Kuja, thankyou for your honesty. I am trying to fix all of these things, but due to me being a total Doom virgin before a fortnight ago I am struggling slightly. Tbh I'm planning on adding many more rooms and calling it Eggman's Chambers or something but first I have to figure out how to work FOFs that don't crash my game.
__________________
Decidedly, meow.
Hannyness is offline  
Old 10-13-2007   #6
Jazz
 
Jazz's Avatar
Default

The Srb2Wiki is your friend...

Tells you how to make a FOF, and lists all FOF types.

Also note that all the disclaimers you added saying to the extent of "DONT STEEL MAH WAD!" is unnecessary, it is already in the rules of these forums and is also common courtesy.

Trust me, nobody is going to take credit for your work. I have released many wads without such disclaimers and nobody has attempted to take credit for my work as of yet.
__________________
Now that's a real game logo.
Jazz is offline  
Old 10-13-2007   #7
Kaysakado
Default

Well, everyone else alreayd summed it up for me, but where are the other 6 emerlads? I coulds only find the one in the middle.

EDIT: Found them.
__________________
Join the Crashed Cafe!
Kaysakado is offline  
Old 10-13-2007   #8
Torgo
Developer
 
Torgo's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannyness
I know how to do it but my SRB2 Doom Builder is, in fact, glitchier than a level with no thok barrier and therefore crashes when I try and edit my MAINCFG lump.
You should use a lump editor like XWE or SlumpED for configuring text lumps like the MAINCFG. Please do change the map header so it can be played properly. I also suggest a change of level name, it sounds like a hangout place.
Torgo is offline  
Old 10-13-2007   #9
Chao Freak 1
 
Chao Freak 1's Avatar
Default

I think it's pretty good. As you said, add FOFs, also something that might make this a little more interesting, is changing the road texture to black, and turning it into a death pit. Also I suggest make an opening to the black and white pillars, and put a spring in there, so if you do create FOFs, you could get on them by going in the b/w pillars. Also thank you very much for not using that horrible orange and blue texture!
__________________
SpaceChannel5.net
Help us get NiGHTS into dreams released on modern consoles at NiD15!

Z?
SRB2 nonstop megamix
Chao Freak 1 is offline  
Old 10-13-2007   #10
Hannyness
 
Hannyness's Avatar
Default

The black and white pillars DO have an opening. However, you need to play as Knuckles in order to get to it. :) Torgo, thanks for the tip, Jazz likewise. Kaysakado, glad you found them :] (I love those locations!)

I'm going to undertake major work on this wad, with extensions, etc. Oh and a courtyard. But for now, according to feedback I don't mind if you download this wad or not but don't recommend :)
Peoples may as well abandon this topic as I will make a new one when the level is ready to be rereleased.

Thankyou anyway for your feedback.
__________________
Decidedly, meow.
Hannyness is offline  
Old 10-13-2007   #11
Chaos
 
Chaos's Avatar
Default

Ugh. Looks ugly. Make it more like a waiting room.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by PowerChaos
Windows is better. I mean, applications you can run? How awesome!
And I mean to run without downloading hacks. :V
Chaos is offline  
Old 10-13-2007   #13
Segmint
Permanently Banned
Default

Very sub-par. I can't really describe how to fix it, because there really isn't a true error to it. Everything needs work; the layout, textures, item placement, everything! Whoever helped you has no idea what they're doing.
Segmint is offline  
Old 10-13-2007   #14
Hannyness
 
Hannyness's Avatar
Default

Looks like you'd better thank Syko, SonicFreak94 and the Wiki Segmint :] All that is the precise reason that i have recommended this topic is ABANDONED.
__________________
Decidedly, meow.
Hannyness is offline  
Old 10-13-2007   #15
taterbug77
 
taterbug77's Avatar
Default

I think you did a good job making this level.
taterbug77 is offline  
Old 10-13-2007   #16
Vash
 
Vash's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sky Ninja
What is this?
Looks kinda like an upside down version of the map, with some different textures.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by From IRC
Renard: vash what the crap i've never seen this happen to anybody in any irc
For some reason, my connection just disconnected 27 freaking times on August 27th for no reason. (Oh, wow.. XD 27 pings on August 27th)
Vash is offline  
Old 10-13-2007   #17
taterbug77
 
taterbug77's Avatar
Default

I like how you hid chaos emeralds in the pillars.
taterbug77 is offline  
Old 10-13-2007   #18
Hannyness
 
Hannyness's Avatar
Default

Thanks, Taterbug :] Vash, (Or is that minus the v, hint hint) Idk wtf is with those.
__________________
Decidedly, meow.
Hannyness is offline  
Old 10-13-2007   #19
I'll Begin
💪🐑
 
I'll Begin's Avatar
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hannyness
Vash, (Or is that minus the v, hint hint).
Mission failed.
I'll Begin is offline  
Old 10-14-2007   #20
Hannyness
 
Hannyness's Avatar
Default

Quote:
mission failed
meaning...?
__________________
Decidedly, meow.
Hannyness is offline  
 

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Post your room abridgedman100x General Discussion 59 02-26-2011 07:02 AM
Disco Room Shardvex Help 2 09-10-2010 05:35 AM
War Room? Jellybones General Discussion 8 02-16-2009 11:57 PM
...discontinued...(wtf.soc) Daniel The Falcon Outdated Releases (0.X & 1.X) 11 03-07-2007 09:12 AM


All times are GMT. The time now is 10:41 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.