Prototype

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shrike

prototype-20070810112444788_640w.jpg

I played this game the other day. I LOVE IT.

The fluidity with which you're able to move around is incredible, he's like a mix of the hunter and Jackie from the darkness. And the combat is just flat-out fun. Haven't played through much of the story yet, but it looks quite promising. What about you guys? What do you think?

me too

I really like the idea, game play, and other things, Hopefully i can get a copy before they sell out.

Judging from the screenshots, It looks like it plays in a fashion similar to that of Madworld,
Destroy all in sight and paint everything Red.

But, What is the True GOAL of this game anyways?

It's like an action-adventure game.
Your character doesn't know who he is, he just knows that he's infected.
I think. You have to uncover who you are in the game.

Shrike said:
It's like an action-adventure game.
Your character doesn't know who he is, he just knows that he's infected.
I think. You have to uncover who you are in the game.

I am Shadow the hedgehog, Who am I? *Slapped

Anyways this game does look pretty cool.

superflip96 said:
But, What is the True GOAL of this game anyways?
To run around the city using your minimap to find the next mission you have to do. Rinse and repeat!

i have heard of this game. it's called prototype if i'm correct. i haven't play'd it yet but i have play'd infamous which i'm preaty sure resembles this game....kinda...maybe....nah....

X-Play sucks. I thought it seemed interesting but due to lack of tech I can't get it. Curse you PS3 owners!

I heard that the city sucks, and never changes. Things pop out of no where and those orb things you have to collect only appear if you are close to them.

After I completed the game and found technically all the useful memory I need for knowing Alex Mercer's past and stoped [spoiler:47c975ba5f] Black crow from nuking NYC[/spoiler:47c975ba5f] I turned off my 360 and yelled out , NEED TO BE TURNED INTO A MOVIE !!!

I think this is a pretty cool game. I got it last week and I've been having a lot of fun with it. I especially like the Blade power. :D

AshuraXDemon said:
I heard that the city sucks, and never changes.

Now that is completly false. I know a lot about the game in general, and personaly think it's the best game I've played all year and so happy I bought it.

I put the information in a spoiler tag, just in case someone might think of it as a spoiler, but... I don't really think so for all information of which I got from reviews, ect that the makers have been putting on the television for special one hour [Prototype] information shows, stuff like that. So I know my sources are good.

[spoiler:09bca2a186]As far as I recall and the information that I got, which is a lot, since I've been studying anything about this game since I first heard of it last year they have a special way of doing the city.

As you progress through the game the city changes as parts of it get the virus, one of the two enemies you are facing throughout the game. So the more you get into the game the more New York turns into a Virus infected city where buildings seem to attack you, ect.

The point of the game is that you are, well, Alex, and you have no recall of your memories, but for your name and you are in the middle of a war between a special group of amy fighters and the virus itself. You must absorb people to take their forms and take their memories and try to piece the memories together to figure out the truth. As you go through you'll find that some of the memories you absorbed were false and some were true and you have to figure out what is true what is false to work out what really is going on.

You're not classed as a hero in this game, you are not classed as a 'superhero' either. You are a person, on your own, fighting to get what you want. Using anything and everything to get that. Using your abilities to shapeshift into people you absorb to hide from the army, but still running from the virus who always knows who you are.[/spoiler:09bca2a186]

This game really is fun with very nice features, truly is a good game to enjoy.

P.S. I know I just joined this forum and this is my first post in this place, but I don't care. I know my [Prototype] information since I've been waiting for this game for a year at least and I just wanted to share what I know. I hardly played the game myself, so I know I am not really saying anything someone couldn't know unless they played, for, I only got to play it a little, before my computer got a virus.... stupid thing.

If you have any [Prototype] questions, you can ask me if anything, I always am trying to learn what I can about how this amazing game is.

ninja said:
After I completed the game and found technically all the useful memory I need for knowing Alex Mercer's past and stoped Spoiler:

[spoiler:09bca2a186]Black crow from nuking NYC[/spoiler:09bca2a186]
I turned off my 360 and yelled out , NEED TO BE TURNED INTO A MOVIE !!!

I completly agree!

Well, I finally beat this game. All I can say is:
[spoiler:fcc0c065e2]That Elizabeth Green fight is ******* annoying![/spoiler:fcc0c065e2]

BlazingPhoenix said:
Well, I finally beat this game. All I can say is:
[spoiler:a22296090c]That Elizabeth Green fight is ******* annoying![/spoiler:a22296090c]
She yells at you cause she's on her period lol.

I've seen trailers/videos of prototype and it looks awesome, but I haven't got to play it yet, So im not going to judge it on its gameplay or anything, I'll just say from the videos it looks amazing.

Played it and completed it in the same weekend I torrented it. Was pretty good, actually, at first it felt very Spiderman, but that soon changed. All I can say is, once you get Whipfist and Blade, you're pretty unstoppable.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back