• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Happy Holidays a mod download

Status
Not open for further replies.
What should be in that level?
Also realesed a beta but a few levels may not work.

Last edited:
FOFs that disappear when you jump to them? Water that deals Generic damage? Lava that's BLUE?? I don't know, think Opposite/Tricky! Along the lines of "Step here, get clubbed", and "Go there, get spike'd". Pranks, mayhem, tricks, opposite of normal... Heck, that'd be one mean theme... :devil:

2 reasons for password.
1. See that you are human.
2. So you read my thread, make sure you pay attention.
I can fix for next release. It will be this week and please use god codes or clime walls.
HALLOWEEN = pranks and tricks.

Last edited:

Anything non-human won't even be able to use the files.
Wow, this is annoying. Fake paths are a really bad idea because you have the player killed by something they can't even see, and it constantly forces them to try the same room again and again until it works.

Last edited:
2 reasons for password.
2. So you read my thread, make sure you pay attention.
1. If I'm no human, what do I do with these files?
2. If I don't read your thread, how do I know about this mod?

And yeah, fake paths ARE a bad idea. NO RINGS whatsoever are also a bad idea. And no scenery is ALSO a bad idea.

I just played this, and, good Lord, this is terrible. Worst thing I've ever played.
  • First off, remove the mazes, entirely. They're ridiculously frustrating, they're absolutely horribly executed in here, and they don't even work in SRB2 to begin with.
  • Give Sonic a chance. It's just plain impossible to beat any of these levels without him, because of how high the cliffs are.
  • The levels are insanely cramped. There's no room to move, at all. It makes dodging your invisible walls (which I'll bring up later) even more frustrating.
  • Get rid of the stupid trial-and-error sequences. They're ridiculously frustrating, especially when you get killed by invisible walls. There's tons of dead-ends, making navigating even harder than it should be.
  • The levels lack headers. It makes you seem even more unprofessional if I hear THZ2's music in a lava cave.
  • Most of the levels are unplayable, due to lacks of player starts. I added in my own and played them, and judging from them, you clearly haven't improved at all since you designed your first level.
  • There's no detail at all, besides an ugly castle and an ugly fountain in MAP92, which is yet another maze.
  • There's nothing fun about these at all. They're much more frustrating, and I didn't enjoy a single moment of playing through this.
  • The themes don't make sense. One level constantly transitions between GFZ, THZ, and CEZ themes. One level even has Special Stage themes!

Really, fix all of these problems, and maybe you can make something passable. I may sound harsh, but really, that's just how bad this is.

0/10

OK Let me announce this. I am remaking the entire mod. I have figured out sky and figured out there can not be mazes. I will making it more detailed and room to move. Can someone help me with tips for design or your level ideas for holidays.

Tips for this? Dark and gloomy-looking and -feeling textures. Definitely a must. Lava's okay in moderation, but Halloween is really more-or-less dark than not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back