• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

SRB2 doombuilder(walls)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aaron

ZDOOM Aaron
I am using SRB2 Doombuilder, when I try to make sectors I can usually just walk through or jump through walls with 1 sidedef. I have tried all DB's node builders. How do I prevent this?

yeah THOK Barriers!
They are like the REAL walls that are THICK,
this way when you try to walk through one wall,
other one stops you!
but i can't make more than one FOF's because I get error messages,
then SRB2DB gets all mad and kicks me off.
(without saving my level!)

...that's because you need to make them manually. You can only use that tool once per map, but if you make them manually, you can have as many as you need. It's not even that hard.

For making thok barriers, all you do is make a giant square around the map, then set the ceiling and floor heights to the same value.

Although, if you're making a large map, a square isn't the way to go. You'll just want to make a sector that surrounds the outer edges of the map.

yeah THOK Barriers!
They are like the REAL walls that are THICK,
this way when you try to walk through one wall,
other one stops you!
Actually, that's not why Thok Barriers work. The reason why you can walk through the walls when there isn't a Thok Barrier is because the edge of the level has no adjacent sector to compare the height of the level to. Thok Barriers prevent this from happening because they are basically a room that wraps around the entire level, with the floor and ceiling at the same height. Because of this, you can't actually reach the "edge" of the level, because the walls of the outermost sector have no opening in them.

Shouldnt this be in editing help? Also try making a out line of the intire level. Look at other levels.

Basically, Thok Barriers don't allow you to pass for the same reason you can't pass through a ceiling or floor of an adjacent Sector.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back