The magical spinning lady

Status
Not open for further replies.
I find it funny how she keeps lifting off the "ground". I love pondering illusions.

I stared at her for about five minutes, and then I figured out how to change the direction of the spin. It's rather simple to do once you figure it out.

hannahthehedgecat said:
I'm jelous of all of you, I can't do it. D:

its rather easy, but it takes awhile. Try not to blink and focus on only that picture. Make sure your mind is clear and your not distracted. Though it takes awhile until your mind allows it. But for most, it's easy.

Oh god no, I just tested this for hoax. My mum and I looked at it at the same time, and she changed direction at excactly the same time for us. Sorry guys, I proved this fake, which annoys me. It was so cool.

PoisonUnagi said:
Oh god no, I just tested this for hoax. My mum and I looked at it at the same time, and she changed direction at excactly the same time for us. Sorry guys, I proved this fake, which annoys me. It was so cool.
It's not fake. The animation has about 34 frames, which is almost enough what it needs for a single spin. If it were how you say, then people would be able to see the lady spinning from one side, to the other, and that'd need waaay more than 34 frames.
Seriously man, it's not fake. It's just a pretty clever optical ilusion.

I change her direction best by scrolling down, imagining her spinning the other way, then scrolling back up again. Whenever I enter the topic I see her spinning clockwise though.

Stare at her leg that's on the ground, and watch how her foot rotates around it. Blurring your vision while looking at her foot is an easy way to reverse her direction, but in the end, it's all based on perception.

The trick is in the silouette. If there was some lighting/shading on the female, then we would be able to figure out which way she's turning.

I bet that if any of you open the GIF up and splice each individual frame into a BMP, you'll still see something different each time you look at her.

blargen said:
WOW
graybigeekpv5.gif
Freaky...
Smilies were disabled for a reason, Blargen.

Simlies used to be on this forum but they were overused so they got deleted. Don't use them, but they're on the other two though.

I've seen this a lot, only every time I see it it seems to be spinning the opposite direction as the last time. Maybe my brain is well rounded? I dunno.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back