• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Django Urikashima - a WIP

Status
Not open for further replies.
For about 4-6 months since I've been playing SRB2, I've always thought about playing the game using my own character. But after multiple attempts to test out even a few sprites proved to be more annoying than I'd have hoped...

Anyway, I recently picked it up again, and after a few hours of nonstop work, I think I finally got it the way I semi-want it.

Edit: There is now a video of my character in action. though it still has a ways to go, the ability to super jump using the spindash button is definitely something I have yet to see.

Link to demo video

===============================================

animationtestwi7.gif
djangoidleds5.gif
djangoidle5fx3.gif
djangoidle2ot5.gif
djangoidle3bn5.gif
djangoidle4bv1.gif

I still have a LONG way to go, but I believe this is a step in the right direction.

(Day 11) Current progress:

I have successfully recolored all my current sprites to fit the SRB2 Palette. Go me.

Made a new life image:
djangolifepicxi6.png

-------------------------------

The design of my character is based off the Sprite Version of him I did about 4 months ago (10 months on the older sheet). I had to make some color changes to make it work with SRB2's color palette, so it didn't come out QUITE how I had first envisioned it, but it's a step in the right direction, and I'm happy about it none the less.

Links in case you are interested...

Anyway, I'll probably be working on it sporadically, but if you have anything you can pass off to a rookie SRB2 character maker, I'm all ears and willing to listen.

-=Ratings from private Beta Testers=-

miles the togepi: 8.5/10

If you're happy with the shading, then it's fine in every other aspect. Otherwise, I'd suggest a more realistic style of shading.

*nods* I'm aware of the shading (or lack there of), and after I do enough sprites to actually play a decent game with my character, I'll worry about the detail.

Anyway, thanks for the advice.

I prefer to get the basic sprites done before working on shading. It's easier to work when getting started on the character, I think.

H Y P E R said:
*Looks at yellow skin*. He's got jaundice :o

Heh, no, when I first made him, I just kinda liked the bright colors. It seems a bit unconventional now that I look on it, but I wouldn't dream about changing it after all this time.

fawfulfan said:
I don't know who this character is, but it seems unique enough. Hope it turns out well.

This character is actually my OC that I've been messing with for almost 2 years now. I provided links to the sprites I made of him in the first post.

I may also link a few pictures of him from my deviant art page if I need to.

Is the character supposed to be something specific (like, say a cat)? Or is it just a Django or whatever those are?

Ice said:
Is the character supposed to be something specific (like, say a cat)? Or is it just a Django or whatever those are?

It's a cat. At first, I had no Idea what I was trying to make when I drew him, but I eventually worked out his species.

Django Urikashima said:
Let's see...

I'm bored so I'm gonna guess what each bored pose is.
Front: "Man I'm bored... hm? Whazzat?"
Side: "I've gotta get some new games for this DS..."
Diagonal: "Hey, you wanna do something later?"
Back: "Read. The. Sign."

Chaos Knux said:
Django Urikashima said:
Let's see...

I'm bored so I'm gonna guess what each bored pose is.
Front: "Man I'm bored... hm? Whazzat?"
Side: "I've gotta get some new games for this DS..."
Diagonal: "Hey, you wanna do something later?"
Back: "Read. The. Sign."

Heh...

Chrispy said:
If he's a cat then give him a tail!

I know. I want to give him his tail too, but before I do, I want to get the walking and jumping sprites done first. That way I won't have to worry about a few details more than I do about how he actually moves around.

Ice said:

At this point I don't think it matters much. Sonic looks nothing like a Hedgehog, Knuckles looks even less like an Echidna, and how Wave is a Swallow I'll never know. It can generally be said that Sonic characters are a species of their own.

As for the character, not much I can say that hasn't already been said. It probably is the best SRB2 fancharacter sprite I've seen, but that's saying nothing. (FYI I don't consider Senku a fancharacter >_>)

Draykon said:
Sonic looks nothing like a Hedgehog, Knuckles looks even less like an Echidna, and how Wave is a Swallow I'll never know. It can generally be said that Sonic characters are a species of their own.
They mutated from extended exposure to Chaos Emerald radiation.

Chaos Knux said:
Draykon said:
Sonic looks nothing like a Hedgehog, Knuckles looks even less like an Echidna, and how Wave is a Swallow I'll never know. It can generally be said that Sonic characters are a species of their own.
They mutated from extended exposure to Chaos Emerald radiation.
You just made this up, right? I don't think that fact is canon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back