• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Slope Thing

Status
Not open for further replies.

SSNTails

What part of 'RETIRED' don't you understand?
1.09/1.1 may include extra features for rows of steps if you place three thing number 8888 on the steps and tag all of the stairs to have the same tag.

Basically what you're doing is creating a polygon from which a normal vector to the polygon can be obtained and extra things can be done because of it.

Yes, I'm using SRB2 as my CPS460 guinea pig.

You know, after your IM, I was thinking of a stairs special that had to do with rendering slopes but them not really being slopes ;P

I still don't get what you're meaning in the second paragraph :E

A stair builder???

TTTTTTTTTTTTHHHHHHHHHHH
HAAAAAAAAAAAANNNNNNNNNNKKKKKKKK
KKKKKKYYYYYYYYYYYYO
OOOOOOOOOOOUUUUU
UUUUUUU!!!!!!!!

Cool, I've always wanted one...

1.09? Silly SSNTails, teasing us like that!

So... what you're saying is we can have slopes... but they won't really be slopes? I'm confused.

Tets said:
1.09? Silly SSNTails, teasing us like that!

So... what you're saying is we can have slopes... but they won't really be slopes? I'm confused.

Sort of. I'm not going to rewrite all the movement code for the.... (4th?) time, but I'll add some functionality.. i.e. if you're standing still on a set of stairs marked as a slope and you jump, you'll jump perpendicular to the imaginary 'slope'.

I could also have other things like gravity effects from a slope.

Well "When it's done" IS the date. We don't HAVE release dates until about a week or two before we release. Henceforth, "When it's done" is the official release date.

And even then, it gets delayed somehow or another just to make us wee our pants in anguish. :P

The stairs are actually irrelevant. You could have a flat sector behaving like a slope. Which would be really weird, but you could do it.

Perhaps eventually invisible slopes can be created.

I got smart idea!

Make a sector special that tilts the sector to either: 90 tilt or 45 tilt and make all sorts of changes to make loops and such.

You would need a 180 tilt and a... erm.. I forgot what the opposite of 45%%d was ^^;

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back