Little Big Planet 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, I'm just going make a MASSIVE BUMP here now that the game was released almost a week ago. I have the game, and although I haven't finished single player yet and I've only played a few levels online, I think it's just amazing.

I never could've imagined LittleBigPlanet getting any better, but it did. The creative mode is a LOT more in-depth this time around, allowing you to create even cutscenes and movies in the game.

Overall, Game of the Month for me easily. If you don't have this game, get it. Now. (I might lengthen this review later since I have little time right now.)

See User Above

Got it a couple of days ago, and this is amazing. The engine looks absolutely fantastic, and the new additions are also amazing.

Oh yes, and there's bosses. They're awesome

Well, just when you thought LBP couldn't get any better, it did. If you have a PS3, you need to get the game.

Would someone actually mind telling me what's new in this game? I mean, this is just me, but I actually got quite bored of the game halfway through and I haven't played it in ages. I found some of the physics gimmicks a bit frustrating or just wouldn't work (I even played online and some others had some extreme problems with the early levels of the game), and the level editor felt meh to me due to the fact you have to go through hours of videos just to get the good tools, not learn, GET.

The ad for this game over here didn't show anything new. A level that included a rising death pit, a rhythm game that's probably a ripoff of DDR in some way and another topdown racing game that probably handles strange. Then it says "Over 3,000,000 games and counting for this game" which makes it seem more like a minigame compilation.
Overall, I don't know if I should actually get this game until I know there's something new in it rather than some minigames, and a few platforming gimmicks improved.

Edit: I'm surprised after I read that list (though the grappling hook seems a bit "the hell?"), this makes the game a lot more customisable and with the introduction of the control scheme thing, this will provide a lot more variety. I may get this game, but they forgot to mention the Single Player (they only mentioned themes) so I'm thinking about it still.

Last edited:
I own LBP2, but not the first one.
(from what I heard and obvious facts) New things: Story mode, slightly better graphics, and better customization.

Little Big Planet is all about the customization and user-made content. The tools are far more complex and open this time around. If this isn't interesting to you... you might of picked the wrong game.

This game kind of reminds me Spore... Just better and PS3'd.
(Why the hell is Maxis making DarkSpore without fixing glitches and improving Spore? D:)

I may get this game, but they forgot to mention the Single Player (they only mentioned themes) so I'm thinking about it still.

Oh yeah, the single player is even better than the first game. The new mechanics they make use of in story mode is superb.

Frankly, the whole game is better than the first LittleBigPlanet. There's still tutorials to follow, but they're actually quite useful. (Trust me, after skipping all of the tutorials in LBP1, I couldn't make ANYTHING good.)

Oh yeah, the single player is even better than the first game. The new mechanics they make use of in story mode is superb.

Frankly, the whole game is better than the first LittleBigPlanet. There's still tutorials to follow, but they're actually quite useful. (Trust me, after skipping all of the tutorials in LBP1, I couldn't make ANYTHING good.)

Oh trust me, skipping the tutorials in LBP1 made little to no impact.

Now this... oh sweet god

You need to go through the tutorials.

Nobody commenting on the music? I think the guys at Media Molecule have pretty damn awesome tastes, since in the first game there was some "The Go! Team" and the music from this trailer got stuck in my head the whole day.

Other than that, you guys are getting too hyped. This looks cool and all, but you guys should wait a bit more.

Probably too busy being scared about some over the top religious folk finding it offensive again?

Seriously, LBP looks awesome, I was really tempted to grab LBP for my PSP but my memory card isn't big enough to fit the ISO on. :|

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back