Let the speedruns begin!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shardvexz

Cosmophile on IRC/Discord
I was not sure where to post this, as the official time attack records thread has been archived. So forgive me if I am posting this in the wrong place!

The first thing I did after downloading version 2.1, was start speedrunning.

GFZ1 Speedrun time:
13.04 seconds as Sonic
Link to lump:
http://ubuntuone.com/6caMRvMfV3uv3yqof4czNa

So, can you beat me? (Probably.)

Last edited:
srb2test_by_sdudyoy-d7acma5.gif

This is my best time, not much different from yours.

EDIT:
I beat it.

srb20012_by_sdudyoy-d7advql.gif

Last edited:
I'd honestly suggest everyone give it a week before you attempt to determine who has the best times, because there are a lot of large path choices to make and I intentionally gimped some previous time attacking strategies. You'll probably find some of your previous tactics from 2.0 can be improved with Super Sneakers and some new lines.

Its only a matter of time till Ors or Pedro (PHCC) comes in an absolutely smashes these records. Till then I'll have a crack at them.

Here's my official developer ghost for GFZ1. MAP01-guest.lmp Be sure to save it to your SRB2/replay/main/ folder.

I only managed to get 13.05s as Sonic, so you all already win. :) Congratulations!

I'll wait official records list before publishing my time-attacks. Then I want to rush as much as I can!

Its only a matter of time till Ors or Pedro (PHCC) comes in an absolutely smashes these records. Till then I'll have a crack at them.

Haha! I'll enjoy finishing the game first, then I'll come back to TA. Until there, people, go ahead and claim your records!

Edit: Sonic runs are awesome, but they are hand hurting. Plus, I didn't like the way Knuckles was put aside on the last version's TA records. I am a good Knuckles player, maybe it's time for him to have some of those cute and beautiful bold time records on the wiki page.

Last edited:
Here are my times so far:
GFZ1 - 00:12.20 S
GFZ2 - 00:30.02 S
GFZ3 - 00:19.00 S
THZ1 - 00:54.14 S
THZ2 - 01:48.42 T
THZ3 - 00:24.22 S
Here are the lumps.
I haven't tried any of those levels except THZ2 with anyone other than Sonic, and seeing as how STJr seems to have nerfed strafe-flying (GG) I think I'm better off sticking with him for now.
I've been trying to get a clean run of ERZ3 rather than working on the other levels as i should; I love that course (super hard, super fun!) but I'm no good at that boss fight yet...

Here are my times so far:
GFZ1 - 00:12.20 S
GFZ2 - 00:30.02 S
GFZ3 - 00:19.00 S
THZ1 - 00:54.14 S
THZ2 - 01:48.42 T
THZ3 - 00:24.22 S
Here are the lumps.
I haven't tried any of those levels except THZ2 with anyone other than Sonic, and seeing as how STJr seems to have nerfed strafe-flying (GG) I think I'm better off sticking with him for now.
I've been trying to get a clean run of ERZ3 rather than working on the other levels as i should; I love that course (super hard, super fun!) but I'm no good at that boss fight yet...
No! Your THZ2 time is better than mine! (I've beaten it in 1:51 as Sonic)

Here's my new THZ2 PB: 1:32.82 as Tails
I could definitely shave off at least another 2 seconds.
And Ors, my best THZ2 run as Sonic is now 1:55.22. I dunno what route you take but damn, that's a fun TA level as Sonic even if he doesn't have the best time

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back