Invalid Infinite lives for free

Status
Not open for further replies.

u4704

I posted something like this in the "Suggestions" thread some time ago, but now I started playing ultimate mode. In ultimate mode this actually is a bug because infinite lives in ultimate mode break the game.

If a level has more than one extra live, it is possible to get infinite lives.
This is not a big problem if the price you have to pay for the lives is high (e.g. Disco Room). But this is a big problem if it is as easy as in GFZ1.

Many levels have this problem, GFZ1 is only an example. "Ultimate" mode is really easy because you can take the two lives in GFZ, die, get two lives again, and so on.

There are two possibilities to fix this:
- Reduce the number of extra lives in every level to 1
or
- Do not respawn extra lives when the player dies.

Last edited by a moderator:
Intentional game mechanic.

Oh, and I'm totally going to make extra lives useless in Ultimate if Mystic lets me (which he did).

Last edited:
犬夜叉;713256 said:
Oh, and I'm totally going to make extra lives useless in Ultimate if Mystic lets me.
No, don't do it. As it is now, Ultimate is an insane but doable challenge. But if you make it like Ultimate in XSRB2, it's just simply not possible anymore. I doubt anyone can play through SRB2 without getting hit once.

Oh, and I fail to see how infinite lives break Ultimate. Sure, you could farm lives until you have 99, but isn't that excessively tedious? And reducing the number of lives in each level to 1 or making them not respawn would break the regular game.

犬夜叉;713256 said:
Oh, and I'm totally going to make extra lives useless in Ultimate if Mystic lets me.

He hopefully won't! :o

EDIT:
(which he did).

If you disable the lives in ultimate mode, please keep the old ultimate mode, too (maybe rename it to "very hard" or something)! :(

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back