Genetos

Status
Not open for further replies.

Megasonic

Genetos is a freeware shoot 'em up game that takes you through the history of shoot 'em ups. This game was made by Tatsuya Komaya and cam be downloaded from this link:

http://www.tatsuya-koyama.com/software/wg002_genetos_eng.html

This game features five stages. You start of from a Space Invaders stage, to more stardard shoot 'em up stages, to bullet hell stages. How this game works, is by making your ship jump generations, You grab green items to activate the boss and to make your ship transform into another ship for you to progress into another generation.

I loved this game, but the only complaint I have is the difficulty levels. I only played from the Programmer to Creator (Programmer is the 3rd highest difficulty level and Creator is the highest), and the lives the author put in makes the game a little easy. On Programmer, you start of with 15 lives, and on Creator, you start off with 7 lives, and for me, even on the highest difficulty, the game is not all that hard. I even made a short run on the final stage on the highest difficulty on Youtube, since no one did that yet (Don't click on the Youtube link on my sig if you don't wanna be spoiled). But other than that, the game is lovely, and I'm sure shumps fans will enjoy this too.

That's all I got to say about this. Now, TOUHOU FANS, STOP PLAYING TOUHOU AND PLAY GENETOS INSTEAD.

Last edited:
I'll try it tonight, the technicalevolutionary gimmick sounds better than the cuteanimegirloverload gimmick that goes around lately.

Where are the tempest like levels? They don't count as shmups?

Seriously though, this is a pretty fun game but it is a bit short. The Space invader generation made me laugh inside.

This thread almost makes me want to make a freeware shmup thread, but we kinda have a general freeware topic somewhere.

Last edited:
Yeah, forgot to mention that this game was quite short. I only just found this game before christmas, so I wouldn't know if there's a new version in the making.

Oh yeah I forgot to ask you something about the game, but it contains possible spoilers.

I was a bit puzzled on that stage with the human fetus in the bubble. Was the ship's goal to destroy human kind or something? Did the ship free it just so he can destroy the adult?

I guess it's all relating to new generations. It looked like the pilot just wanted to see how humans evolve. I'm honestly not too sure.

God damnit, why does everyone steal my ideas ;_; (I wanted to make a platformer in which you start as 8 bit graphics and sound, and progress through ages, like 16-bit, PSX, N64, etc)
I'll definately try this out later.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back