• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

SRB2 -- Expansion Pack or whatever

Oh! Thanks! And...

First look at this, I know you wrote what to do at this part, but I looked for floor that will take me up, and the only thing I found is free falling to the death pit... Maybe if there is a floor, so do the floor high as the floor we already stand on, and the floor that will be forward to us, will take us up somehow as you wrote.

The floor was attached to the floor you just thoked from. You did not need to go that THAT THAT long.

And...

Nothing else more, but thanks for reviewing my level! You helped me alot to make that level better!

From what I was willing to play, E.G.G Base seems too reliant on platforming while still a good idea, it can be an annoyance to some. I think most stages in SRB2 and any user created levels contain at least some space for speed, so that's what I went in expecting.

I had gotten to one part of the level after the gravity room and I noticed I was unable to jump high enough to get to the higher platform of the 2D section, which was not triggered, leaving me in 3D mode. I had to use Super Sonic to get past that part.

In the same room, one of my complaints is the texture of the platforms. They are transparent versions of the walls that made up the room's walls. It can be hard to see them when they are using the same texture as the walls, but other than that, when you first enter the room, you will most likely run into the gravity flip sector and fall to your death. Try adding some safe guards to prevent that.

From what I was willing to play, E.G.G Base seems too reliant on platforming while still a good idea, it can be an annoyance to some. I think most stages in SRB2 and any user created levels contain at least some space for speed, so that's what I went in expecting.

I had gotten to one part of the level after the gravity room and I noticed I was unable to jump high enough to get to the higher platform of the 2D section, which was not triggered, leaving me in 3D mode. I had to use Super Sonic to get past that part.

In the same room, one of my complaints is the texture of the platforms. They are transparent versions of the walls that made up the room's walls. It can be hard to see them when they are using the same texture as the walls, but other than that, when you first enter the room, you will most likely run into the gravity flip sector and fall to your death. Try adding some safe guards to prevent that.

Oh, and yeah, even I was thinking to remove that area... It makes the whole level go bad to Worse to WORST

Egg Base 2 <By Manimi> for Srb2 Story Continues

Alright, so Manimi is also with me in this mod,
The screenshots for the EBZ2-
And the wad so that you all can try it out-

Actually, I noticed that SRB2 give me a bug while clicking screenshots... so... I can't help it...
But I gave you the wad file that you can try! So download it.

Attachments

• srb20014.jpg
    srb20014.jpg
    200 KB · Views: 423
  • srb20015.jpg
    srb20015.jpg
    206 KB · Views: 373
  • srb20016.jpg
    srb20016.jpg
    218.4 KB · Views: 351
  • srb20017.jpg
    srb20017.jpg
    154.4 KB · Views: 376
  • scr_eggmach.rar
    41.2 KB · Views: 330
OpenGL has issues with taking Screenshots in this resolution. Try using software or another resolution to take your screenshots.

Make almost everything sloped, don't be afraid to be liberal with them.

I had a look and the first area looked decent enough. The starting room was interesting with the placement of the electric barriers, I thought it might mean the stage before it had something to do with an arena or Metal Sonic encounter. It had more room to run around than E.G.G Base Zone Act 1, so that's a plus. However, around the halfway mark, the stage began to feel cramped.

The second room was strange in some way with the holes in the floor to the lower level. I honestly didn't know there was a room below me until I attempted to run over it like a transparent platform.

The section after that was somewhat worrying. After using the red springs, you come across a turret that can be hard to dodge if you're going into the level blind. Perhaps a barrier to give you a sight of the hazard before running into it.

Overall, it was a better experience than E.G.G Base. Keep up the good work and good luck to you.

So, alright, your levels are much more better than that Tech Trap.
But EBZ 2 is much better than EBZ 1 because of hardness.

Changes!!

CHANGESS!!

Alright, Lemme get this straight.
Greeny Arenas Zone has finally been completed with the integration of slopes as well (with those 4 more 3 minutes updates. lol)

Tech Trap Zone is now delayed and the same is with Ice Cap Zone Act 1, Act 2 needs decoration.

For now, I would be concentrating on Egg Base Zone (70%) as well as Steel Strike Zone.

Many things are delayed as well, because am out of ideas, it would be helpful if someone gives me some for Steel Strike.

Greeny Arenas Zone (100%)
Tech Trap Zone is being remade, see the first page for older screenshots
Ice Cap Zone is being remade, see the 2nd page for older screenshots
Robotnik's Revenge 1 (100%)
Inner Forrests is being remade
Steel Strike Zone is in progress
Robotnik's Revenge 2 (100%) by SSG3
E.G.G. Arena is being remade, see the 4th page for older screenshots

E.G.G. Base (67%)See the 4th page

Final Battle is in progress

Anyways, for the screenshots...
E.G.G. Base is mostly what it was before but is getting reduced difficulty updates as well as decoration + SLOPES!

jCVcc88.png

idVJq7G.png

oeKB3AU.png

7X5cxCq.gif

And now, for Greeny Arenas, here, I have improved lots of things and decorated and made it more easy to complete the level and slopes are added as well not many in first act but lots in the second one.

As I am low on data, you can try this level yourself on the releases page - http://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=40539

And that's all for now I will show pictures of Steel Strike as soon as it is in a playable state.
Oh! And also -

QwxOPw7.png

At least THIS is better.

I totally forgot that this is still going. Looks like a lot has been put into this whilst I wasn't paying attention. Good Job! (I even forgot about the fact that I contributed to it myself, xD)

I totally forgot that this is still going. Looks like a lot has been put into this whilst I wasn't paying attention. Good Job! (I even forgot about the fact that I contributed to it myself, xD)

I have a bad feeling about your comment this now XD...
Anyways guys, E.G.G. Base Zone 1 is kind of 'difficult' difficult and un-understandable, I need some suggestions for it.

Last edited:
Guys, I need a suggestion here about this -

Ae8MqR6.png

How do I make ramp which is sloped like that hilarious slope and the ramp takes us high if spindashed?

I don't think it's possible as of yet, but there's a patch that makes slopes work like that in 2.2? citation needed.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back