[Open Assets] Mach Speed - Can't Stop The Blur!

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dimpsuu

Dimpsy
So I recently got the idea that I wanted to make a new WAD for the SRB2 Skybase (It was a sprite rip, BTW), that being the Blue Falcon from F-Zero. And I was gonna add a Lua script which made it so you had to hold down the Spin Button in order to move, much like most racing games' controls. However that lead into a complete accident when caused me to turn it into something different, something more than just another fancy way of moving (Though I will still try making said script eventually). This is why I am bringing you, the Mach Speed from Sonic '06. Yes this means that you will be constantly running with no stop whatsoever, so this should be a good challenge for those that want to beat a stage while constantly moving really fast.
Sadly the only thing I couldn't get working is automatically running at the beginning. I was having technical difficulties getting the running animation to work, but either you'd be stuck in one frame of run, or stood still until you jumped. Instead I made it so you start auto-running once you push forward a little bit. I know it's a let-down but oh well.
Anyways I mainly still went with making this script because now I'm kinda hoping people could make some use out of it by making Mach Speed stages based on Sonic '06, regardless of them being kinda bad.
And without further ado, enjoy this little fun script.
srb20018.gif

Attachments

• Mach Speed.zip
    511 bytes · Views: 1,159
Well, the dreaded Mach Speed mode has returned from Sonic 06! Now all we need is to play Wave Ocean - The Inlet, and we're all set to go!

I'd like to see who can beat SRB2 with this. Impossible, I imagine.

Last edited:
Now all we need is to play the Wave Ocean Mach Speed theme, and we're all set to go!
I'm very tempted to go snatch it down, add a loop point, make it a wad, upload it to Sta.sh, and link it into the text "You rang?".
But I'm being forced to bed now, so I can't. (23:16 / 11:16 PM here where I live.)

This mod is hilariously fun to use.
But you can't even beat metal sonic's fight phase as sonic, it's impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back