Why the heck does overflow keep showing in srb2 doombuilder?

Status
Not open for further replies.

shadix

Ok I have my level it isn't that big I already have a few FOFs and such so I save it turn and off my computer, come back try to add another FOF and it takes a while to load the screen, then I select what I want, go to 3d mode but while it loads a little message comes up saying,"Error6 in StoreMapLumps(): Overflow.
How do I make it not do this.

Depends on your operating system.

On most versions of Windows, right-clicking on My Computer and selecting Properties should show you your system specs.

It's nothing to do with RAM. Make sure none of your map is outside of the red boundary lines. Also try checking the map for errors using the error-checker on the Tools menu.

I've had this problem

SRB2 Doombuilder is making FoF control sectors OUTSIDE the afformentioned red barrier. There's a map item you can put on your map that makes control sectors appear where you put the item, but I forgot what it was called.

Control Sector Position Hint, under Editor Things... Place it in the center of where you want your 32x32 square in the direction you want more of them to go... They will be space 16 fracunits apart and will continue in that direction until another sector is in the way, in which case they should continue on the other side.

They are also helpful when SRB2:DB gets buggy and decides to place control sectors outside the boundary line, thus giving an overflow error. Try to place these after you make your thok barrier to avoid any errors... but if you do get an error, press ctrl-space and move or delete the isolated control sector.

I went to editing things, placed it accordingly, set up my FoF pressed, W,
But it's still giving me that message.
It ignored that I set up the tool.
I even went into 16x16 to make sure I put it in the middle.
I also deafed and undeafed it.
Nothing's working.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back