2D Camera Shaking

Status
Not open for further replies.

WellDoneSnake

Yoko Shimomura
When you enter 2D mode and run at your maxspeed, I noticed that the camera begins to shake little. It's not a violent shake, yet it's not a subtle one either.

As you run you'll notice the sky texture shift back and forth, you may also notice the thok barrier doing the same (in fact the effect on the barrier becomes increasingly noticeable the higher the barrier is).

Furthermore I learned that it only happens when you're completely controlling the player's movement.
If you were to move by just spindashing, the camera would remain normal.
Example
Wadfile for testing: 2DP

Last edited:
That's a bug with speed and maximum speed apparently.
When speed hits the normalspeed cap, for some reason the speed goes back by a noticeable amount, enough to shake the camera.

You can avoid the camera shaking if you increase normalspeed a bit then you add a custom speed cap, like forcing X momentum to not go over/below a value.

That's a bug with speed and maximum speed apparently.
When speed hits the normalspeed cap, for some reason the speed goes back by a noticeable amount, enough to shake the camera.

You can avoid the camera shaking if you increase normalspeed a bit then you add a custom speed cap, like forcing X momentum to not go over/below a value.
Alright I understand, thanks for clearing that up. I'll try the solution you pointed out as well.
(Sorry for the late response.)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back