Sage 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.

MellowJacket

Ten thousand bees in a trenchcoat
http://sagexpo.org/

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xTIwHGN39DM

The Sonic Amateur Games Expo seems to have crept up on us this year without the same fanfare that accompanied this event for the previous two years. But regardless, as usual a series of fangames will be hosted on the SAGE website from the 18th to the 24th of September.

Judging from the submitted fangames revealed in the trailer, there are no particularly famous releases this year such as Sonic Nexus or something like that. But the Sonic Worlds Level Collaberation Pack looks interesting and I remember enjoying Sonic Axiom last year, so I'm interested to see how that has improved since the last release.

But most importantly, RAGE. Blitzzo, I trust you can deliver on that claim of making the worst RAGE game ever.

A shame 2.1 isn't done for SAGE this year, that would have been fun to play.

also red needs to submit project cyan or i will rip his face off

Sonic Axiom and Sonic Worlds collaboration look pretty cool. That Tails game also looks nice too. Can't say the same for Sonic fusion.

Eh, not really that excited. I'm wondering what (other) games are going to show up.

The heck are you talking about? We don't need big name fangames when we have less prestigious games that are actually semi-complete (referring to the Sonic Worlds collab). That means less previews, less one-level demos, more actual gameplay. I'm sure Mystic will sympathize with this as well.

Just tried Sonic Axiom physics and controls are little bit bad but besides that that game is pretty good.
Sonic RealmZ looks promising but its incomplete and doesn´t work as it´s supposed to.

Last edited:
The heck are you talking about? We don't need big name fangames when we have less prestigious games that are actually semi-complete
I'm not sure if this is directed towards me or not. But my comment about no 'famous' games being submitted to SAGE this year was intended as an observation, rather than a criticism.

Anyway, I've played through a few of the games so far and with regards to Sonic Axiom. It's very nice to play through one of those rare finished fangames. It certainly had problems, but there was a lot of content to get through and for the most part I really enjoyed myself. (The third boss can go away though, argh)

I'm not sure if this is directed towards me or not. But my comment about no 'famous' games being submitted to SAGE this year was intended as an observation, rather than a criticism.

Anyway, I've played through a few of the games so far and with regards to Sonic Axiom. It's very nice to play through one of those rare finished fangames. It certainly had problems, but there was a lot of content to get through and for the most part I really enjoyed myself. (The third boss can go away though, argh)

I think he was talking to Scizor about his 2.1 comment. Which explains why Blitzzo brought up Mystic in his post.

No, the comment was actually directed toward you (sorry, probably should have used quote tags).

The reason I mentioned Mystic is because he's long criticized SFGHQ for its members never actually putting out a finished, playable product that wasn't some engine test or one-level demo. SAGE has always been chock full of unfinished games, which is why I think it's nice that we get something with multiple levels that we can play through. This year's SAGE lacks famous games... so what? We should be grateful that we actually have semi-finished games this time.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back