Dragon Quest X - Online MMORPG for Wii/Wii U

Status
Not open for further replies.

Autosaver

After years of speculation by fans, and silence by Square Enix, today Dragon Quest X was finally revealed in Japan. Despite speculation to the contrary, the title will remain on Wii, and it will be an online MMO RPG. Dragon Quest X is being developed internally by Square Enix. It is due out in Japan in 2012.
While Dragon Quest X is an online game, players can go through 100% of it solo. Instead of partnering with player characters you can add NPCs to a party. You can meet other players at a tavern, just like Dragon Quest IX.
Dragon Quest X uses a traditional combat system with command menus.
Dragon Quest X will be released for Wii and Wii U. Both players will be in the same game world and it is possible to transfer data from the Wii version to the Wii U release. The difference is Dragon Quest X for Wii U version will have enhanced graphics. A 3DS feature is being developed where you can transfer character data from the Wii game to your 3DS specifically for tag mode. Characters you meet by passing other players in real life will appear in your game.
image20.png

Anyone excited? I might pick up the Wii U version since it'll have upgraded graphics (and probably) better online. I haven't played a Dragon Quest before but I have been watching DQX for years now ever since it was leaked. The game looks like it'll be a lot of fun when it comes out. RPG with friends acting as partners? Awesome!

http://www.siliconera.com/postgallery/?p_gal=155069|2

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back