What video games would you recommend?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Another game I would recommend is Ape Escape. You basically travel through time and capture monkeys. It's a great game with replay value, IMO.

-Nintendo Wii
-Okami
There; that's it; nothing else at all, just this game..

Okami may be better played on the PS2. While I liked the Wii version, the difficulty curve for the motion controls is way too problematic. The Wii version also omitted the beautiful credits sequence and the bosses are easier due to the fact that the brush is so much faster.

-The Legend of Zelda: The Phantom Hourglass: Not Spirit Tracks, the Train is even more pain inducing the the Temple of the Ocean King. I could go on a rant on how much Spirit Tracks sucks, but I don't want to waste anybody's time.

Let me just list a few things that I think Spirit Tracks improves over Phantom Hourglass:
  • The game does not include ridiculous puzzles like closing the DS and at makes it more clear that you're supposed to blow into the mic.
  • The puzzles the game does include excercise far more ingenuity, and are not nearly so repetitive in the dungeons.
  • The music is far better, including an actual (non-vehicle) overworld theme, and three decent dungeon themes as opposed to one bad one.
  • The train is far more interactive than the ship, giving you passengers and cargo to cart around, along with enemies and other trains to avoid.
  • As you get further into the game, the map expands giving you more routes to choose from, and continues to expand as a reward for doing sidequests. However you still have to choose which path is the shortest or the safest.
  • The bosses, weapons, story, and just about everything else is more creative. Some may not appreciate the fact that Zelda has a personality but it is very well-done and works perfectly into the feel of the game.
  • The train customization is now integrated into the treasure collection, and it is much more engaging.
  • The final boss is actually an encounter worth remembering (even if it should have been more difficult)
Honestly, the game's only real flaw is that the difficulty is a joke and that the way the scenes where you learn a song are not always very clear on what is expected of you.

Let me just list a few things that I think Spirit Tracks improves over Phantom Hourglass:
  • The game does not include ridiculous puzzles like closing the DS and at makes it more clear that you're supposed to blow into the mic.
I loved those puzzles; they made you think outside of the box making good use of the DS's gimmicks.

• The train is far more interactive than the ship, giving you passengers and cargo to cart around, along with enemies and other trains to avoid.
I'd much rather have a calm relaxing ride, then one filled with obstacles for the sake of making it "interactive". 1 hit KO Trains that drive faster than you backwards clearly isn't fair at all.

• The bosses, weapons, story, and just about everything else is more creative.
I honestly didn't find the bosses any more creative than PH, the only real thriller about them is that their models are more detailed, that's pretty much it. The weapons had creative designs, but the way they're used wasn't really creative. PH had the ever so unique idea of using the Grappling Hook as a human slingshot. The story really isn't better at all, hell it's practically the same. Evil Monster tries to destroy the world. Very creative; though ST definitely had better characters (cept for Zelda)

Some may not appreciate the fact that Zelda has a personality but it is very well-done and works perfectly into the feel of the game.
I don't mind Zelda having a personality, but the one they gave to her is absolutely terrible. You're a princess dammit, freaking act like one! Oh NOES, A MOUSE, oh heavens, what in God's name will I do? I'm only in a giant suit of armor that can crush every living thing it's path!

Cole, on the other hand is awesome, simply for his facial expressions.

Now don't get me wrong, you can still like Spirit Tracks and all that but I just wanted to throw my opinion there. :/

Last edited:
JEV3 said:
Sonic and knuckles
Man. This had such epic music, that I always tried humming out the special stage tune when I was bored (XD) and the gameplay was awesome too. I have to say, sonic knuckles and tails are the perfect combination.

And a game which wasn't possibly already recommended would have to be the prince of persia games whose numbers in the series were 1-3. Yep haven't played the rest.

Oh, and also another ubisoft game which would be beyond good and evil. Damn it's as short as a pin but the storyline is great. And for no reason i'll post a phrase from it. Expose the conspiracy, capture the truth. And it's one hell of a conspiracy you have to expose! Thats what kept me playing it.

The Neverhood
Skullmonkeys
Oddworld series
Sonic Adventure series
Fallout series
Wild 9
Metal Gear Series
Halo Series
House of the dead series
BLACK
Fable series
Elder Scrolls Series
Metal Gear series
Jet set radio series

Last edited:
Let's discuss classic and classic-styled first person shooters. I don't like modern ones, to be honest, and the reasons are is that they don't usually have the interesting weapons, cool weapons, interesting level design or sheer personality of modern day FPSes. So, let me explain to you a few of my personal favorites and why you should get them.

Doom: You can never forget this one! It's pretty much aged perfectly, it's easy to find, and there's tons of mods out there to play. Skulltag is also great for multiplayer.

Rise of the Triad: Basically a spiritual sequel to Wolfenstien 3D, the graphics and level design quite as good, but it's a much faster game with a few cool features. It's got 5 characters each with their own stats, and it also has a powerup that turns you into a dog that shoots exploding barks.

Duke Nukem 3D: One of the best. Don't let Duke Nukem Forever hurt your judgement of this game, it's seriously one of the best FPSes ever made. The best levels in the genre, Duke is still a pretty awesome character, and some great weapons, including the shrink ray. Also has tons of mods, if you look.

Painkiller: This is a much newer game than the other games I mentioned, but it's still awesome. It also has a gun that fires shurikens and lightning.

Shadow Warrior: If Duke Nukem 3D was basically every action movie mixed into one game, this is basically every kung fu movie mixed into one game. Same developers as Duke, same engine, but there's new features like vehicles.

Blood: Warning, as you'd except, this games is REALLY bloody, even more than the other games. Same engine as Shadow Warrior and Doom, only all your weapons come with alternate firing modes, a first for the engine. Also, you can decapitate zombies and kick their heads like soccer balls.

Descent: Kind of like Doom mixed with Star Fox. You control a spaceship that can move around in 360 degrees, travelling through space stations blowing up robots. It's also OK to play if your parents are wussy and afraid of violence.

If you want to more about any of these, check through Google for videos and such. I'd be happy to let you know about any of those, though.

i recommend sonic 3 and knuckles because its one of the best sonic games, also the super smash brothers series, and half-life's G mod

I´d say Doom, Metal Gear Solid 1-4, Call of Duty: Modernwarfare (Still has great gameplay despite the encyclopedia of weapon mistakes), Super Smash Brothers Brawl and definiteley Phoenix Wright: Ace Attorney.

Those are the only games I still play other than the eventual Sonic Adventure 2 and Robo Blast. So far, Ace Attorney is my favorite series, and the only anime-styled game I ever liked, characters have deep stories, there are fairly enough surprising or WTF moments, and actually require thinking, wichever of the game in the trilogy you buy, it starts with a begining ¨Tutorial¨ case, so it won´t matter if you´re new or old.

If you're looking for a real-time strategy game (or any good game Shigeru's behind), check out Pikmin 1 and 2.

If you're looking for a real-time strategy game (or any good game Shigeru's behind), check out Pikmin 1 and 2.

I'm dying to play Pikmin 3. Hurry up Nintendo, ME WANTS IT NAOW!

My favorite games are:

1-The Earthbound Series, Mother 2 and 3 in particular. Especially 3. Great stories, deep characters, and good morals. Sometimes you'll laugh, sometimes you'll almost feel like crying.

*wishing for Mother 4*

2-Ecco The Dolphin: Defender of the Future.

This is one of the most cunningly beautiful games I've ever played.
Oh cute look at the nice fish swimming in the reef *suddenly screams in horror as giant shark comes out of nowhere and proceeds to maul Ecco*
Tim Follin did an EXCELLENT job on the soundtrack for this game, too, it's my favorite soundtrack of all time.

3-Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Series.

I can't even place what I liked about this series so much. I guess it's just the cutesy yet epic storylines. It was the first Pokemon game I ever played. Plus, it is SO much funner to actually be a Pokemon instead of storing them in Pokeballs. The game has a lot of replay value, even after you beat the main story a new quest will pop up every once in a while. I think I could play this game on and off for the rest of my life. XD

Those are my top 3, I have a lot of other games, but no others rank with those. Not even Legend of Zelda.

Pokemon Black & White:

*Awsome Graphics!
*New Pokemon
*Fun and Cool!

I love playing this game, its so awsome! Its even more Awsome when you have an english version like me. ;u

Pokemon Black & White:

*Awsome Graphics!
*New Pokemon
*Fun and Cool!

I love playing this game, its so awsome! Its even more Awsome when you have an english version like me. ;u

...what? Pokemon Black and White isn't even out in English yet; the English versions should be released in Spring 2011. =S

...where did you get yours?

If there's anybody here who takes even a passing interest in horror games, I would heartily reccomend 'Amnesia: The Dark Descent'

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RYeCwtksTgU&feature=related This video sums up my thoughts quite nicely, but it's by no means a perfect game, the very limited enemy types resutled in the shock becoming less severe when one does show up and I've had some troubles with the door opening mechanic before, resulting in the rare, but present, cheap death. But really, it's very good.

Im a little bit of a classic gamer, so here's a few of my all time favorites: Sonic 3 & Knuckles (My favorite Sonic game along with adventure 1&2), Super Castlevania 4, Super Metroid, Banjo Kazooie, Mario Party 3, Goldeneye, Conker's Bad Fur Day, and Super Mario RPG ( I'm surprized that no one has mentioned this one yet.).

How about the best game of all time:
Legend of Zelda:Ocarina of Time
(this actually is a fact: it's the most critically acclaimed game of all time)

How about the best game of all time:
Legend of Zelda:Ocarina of Time
(this actually is a fact: it's the most critically acclaimed game of all time)
Zelda: Oracle of Ages/Seasons is better! *shot*

Anyway, I reccommend S3&K, Super Smash Bros Brawl, and Sonic Adventure 2 & 3 the most.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back