JumpSpinSpecial Lua hook not working as expected

Status
Not open for further replies.
Long story short, I attempted to make it so Super Sonic would not be able to float, using...
Code:
addHook("JumpSpinSpecial",function(player)
return 1
end)
...but it didn't really go as expected. If I replace "JumpSpinSpecial" with "SpinSpecial", I am unable to spin, which is expected, but with "JumpSpinSpecial"... I can both do Whirlwind-Shield-Jumps when not Super and float when Super.

I don't know whether this is an oversight or an intended behaviour, so I apologize if this isn't really a bug and would fit better in Suggestions.

Issue known since hook was first added in 2.1.9. As it turns out some of the code for jump+spin effects were seperated from other ones, which is of course rather annoying.

JumpSpinSpecial currently exclusively overrides those situations that the few character abilities with jump+spin specials would use them in. Anything outside of that is beyond its control for now.

Oh. I guess that makes sense. But as you say "issue", is it something there might be done something about sooner or later (2.2), or is it something that can't really be fixed/added that easily?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back