• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

Currently unnamed island CTF map that's totally unfinished~

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes. Exactly what the topic says is what there is to see.
srb20373.png

It's not much at the moment; I actually have a lot more planned, but I've reached some impasses that have forced me to change plans time and time again, and I want to see if what I have so far is still moderately adequate.

Also, it'd be cool if you could tell me what you'd like to see on this map, you know, to gather some ideas and try them out and stuff.
Please rate what you see in the map (so far).

Download

:(

Quick Notes:
The textures are NOT final; I just had to pick something simple to mess around with first.
This map is actually going to be a lot bigger than the slab of land you just start on.
There's an exploit with the waterfall that I need to change: if you're Tails or Knuckles, you can easily reach the top of the map, and just sail through everything (instant base to base = bad).
The geyser is timed to 30 seconds, but I haven't gotten around to making the timer to stop it, yet. Oops.

IDEAS PLZ

But how can I get any significant input if you only look at the screenshot? He can only tell me about the waterfall. That's nice, but it's not the key point to the map, and is almost so small a change that it doesn't matter that much. I'd rather you actually open up the level, give it a quick look, and THEN voice your opinion instead of half-assing an opinion based on a single screenshot.

Idea

Try expanding the play area, add item boxes, and maybe a couple of gimmicks (like crushers and bottomless pits and lava)

Everything was like "So what?" Nothing went anywhere special, and the rings were just like "lolz im here cullect meh".

Which is why I said there's pretty much nothing done. Also, in CTF, aren't the rings supposed to say that? You need them for ammunition. :<

Oh. Yeah, I noticed that too. I'll fix it. x_x

At any rate, I've gotten serious progress with this (approx. 25% of one side is done, so 17.5% of the whole map is done, basically), though I would still like input on what I could add. :S

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back