• Do not use Works in Progress as a way of avoiding the releases system! Works in Progress can be used for sharing early betas and for getting suggestions for improvement. Releases of finished content are not allowed in this forum! If you would like to submit a finished addon, click here for instructions on how to do so.

SRB2SNK: A fighting game

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arf

Being an operator in the IRC Channel and part of the development team, I am pleased to say that we're now SRB2SNK, a Fighting Game Engine, we have no screenshots or info yet, but consider SRB2&K closed. We're no longer developing this save for the work on the EXE. And if you think this is a late April Fools joke, you are very, very wrong.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wow... That is just... Wow...
That is amazing... Cept I'm not realy one to talk because I barely know anything about Srb2 level designing.
Still though!

That certainly looks doubleplusneat. I like the open look of the redesigned Hydrocity.

Last edited:
Your Icecap Textures already look better than the Sonic Doom 2 Textures I used in SRB2 Christmas 2008.

Are you going to attempt to bring the arcade slot thing for emerald collecting?
Well, at least the theme of it, I'm not sure pinball is possible at the moment.

srb20003.png

I think this project is looking amazing and I'm glad someone's decided to make a 3d version of S3&K, but I have to ask a few questions about this I'm unsure of,

Is the point of this mod to recreate the actual level designs from S3&K minus loops, or is it just to create the same zones but with completely new level designs, because we all know Ice Cap act 1 doesn't begin like it does in that pic, and the automatic snowboarding at the start of the level is very achievable in srb2, just create it the same way the sloping/spiraling waterslides were done in DSZ act 2, with Sonic snowboarding sprites obviously.

srb20005.png

I don't recognise those tile designs from any levels in S3&K at all, what zone is that meant to be?

9rrfiv.png

also I think if you're trying to recreate S3&K then the background of the Hidden Palace should be the one from S3&K, not GFZ's wall titles and blue sky. You're probably just unfinished getting all the titles for that section though.

Last edited:
wow this project looks like complete and utter shit you fucking retard i am glad you canceled it

fsteak

Last edited:
9rrfiv.png

also I think if you're trying to recreate S3&K then the background of the Hidden Palace should be the one from S3&K, not GFZ's wall titles and blue sky. You're probably just unfinished getting all the titles for that section though.

I think it's pretty obvious.

This is just amazing. A rare game-crossover mod that looks as though it doesn't suck. In fact, I can't WAIT for this to be released!

Ah yeah so it is, I was thinking you were only doing the 1p levels so the multiplayer levels didn't come to my mind at any point.

LightSpeed, Marble Garden Zone didn't have those dark blue tiles anywhere.

Nev3r I'm not sure what you mean, do you mean its pretty obvious enough already that its the Hidden Palace? Well yes it is because you have The Chaos/Master Emerald there and the floors are from Hidden Palace, but that's not the point, if you're trying to recreate S3&K in 3d the the whole thing has to look like S3&K in 3d, you can't have the entire background looking like GFZ it doesn't match, and ruins the mystical feeling of the zone and that its the home of the Master Emerald.

But as I said they're probably just not finished with the background.

Last edited:
Something I'm wondering. How are you going to do the method of getting to the special stages AND the special stages themselves.

This looks AMAZING!!! S3&K is one of my favorite games! I can't wait for it to be finished.

We're NOT Trying to recreate S3&K, we're trying to make S3&K as it would look in 3D. Did you not read Arf's post, Sciky? and I thought about doing the snowboarding part in my Ice Cap map but I thought that would take up too much time and it is not needed at the moment, plus I'm also busy with my own personal project. (can you just IMAGINE the hundreds of stair sectors needed? x_____x)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back