Monster Iestyn's Mighty [mighty-MI.wad]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monster Iestyn

Fangtastic
After having mentioned (again) in 'fun about the tragic tale of my old mighty character wad released back when I first joined in Jan '08, Prime 2.0 asked whether I had ported it to 2.0 yet. Though the answer was no, I soon wondered "come to think of it, why not?", and huzzah, here he is! =D

This character of mine I spent the whole of 2007 working on, and unlike many other (serious) SRB2 projects of mine, it was actually finished. (That I have never managed to do again for any other project of mine worked on for that long)

Link to the Editing topic for the original version of this Mighty for 1.09.4 (In case anyone wants to check it for some reason):
http://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=25083

Screens:
srb20156.png

srb20157.png

srb20158.png

srb20159.png

srb20160.png

Oh, and a Dropbox mirror to the wad itself:
https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/s/3vycnmetcfrfifu/mighty-MI.wad

Attachments

• mighty-MI.zip
    111.5 KB · Views: 3,074
Last edited:
You're only 4 years late to make an official release for this wad. But smart arse quips aside, this wad works fine. Welcome to releases.

he looks like a cobra

I just think that the back should be a bit more.. eliptic, less circle. Also the 1-up sprite is clearly a recolored and edited Sonic. At least it looks WAYYYY like that.

I just think that the back should be a bit more.. eliptic, less circle. Also the 1-up sprite is clearly a recolored and edited Sonic. At least it looks WAYYYY like that.

This was something I sprited way back in the 1.09.4 days, and probably won't touch again. =V

Also, the whole thing is basically a recolored and edited Sonic, if you haven't realised that already.

Last edited:
This wad looks nice and plays nice, I wouldn't complain. Even if it's edited over sonic, it's good that way for it keeps the character dimensions correct, unlike some of the wads I've seen. (Please don't remind me of Amantha) Hinote too was based on the Sonic sprite, and look how far it went! I honestly think that I don't need to be too picky here. Why should I complain about the little things when this was is wonderful as it is?

P.S. Mighty is kinda like Sonic anyway, without the jarring quills.

This was something I sprited way back in the 1.09.4 days, and probably won't touch again. =V

Also, the whole thing is basically a recolored and edited Sonic, if you haven't realised that already.

That's rather funny considering that's all he was in Knuckles Chaotix anyways. Just a edited/recolored Sonic.

That's rather funny considering that's all he was in Knuckles Chaotix anyways. Just a edited/recolored Sonic.
Actually, he was in an arcade game called "SegaSonic the Hedgehog." He was one of three playable characters, Sonic, Mighty, and Ray the Flying Squirrel.

Actually, he was in an arcade game called "SegaSonic the Hedgehog." He was one of three playable characters, Sonic, Mighty, and Ray the Flying Squirrel.

Hm, I don't think he was on about what games he was playable in, but what his sprites basically were in Knuckles Chaotix.

Well, it looks nice, but his shell is giant. It's a little, "shadowy" as in it's all black. I found that weird. Any way it's a good Mighty with a few graphical styles that I'm not a fan of here and there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back