[Open Assets] Project: Genesis v2.1b (Sega Genesis/Mega Drive Music Mod)

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.
2r1zl9k.png

SRB2 Forums, I present to you... "Project: Genesis", or "Project: Mega Drive" if you live in Europe or Japan. This mod, created by me with some assistance from Blake Parker (a.k.a. Metal Blake), replaces all of the music currently being used in SRB2 with a Sega-Genesis-styled soundtrack. All of the tracks (all of mine at least) have been remade using FL Studio with the Ultimate Megadrive soundfont.

All of the OGGs in this mod have been loop pointed and tested properly to make sure that the music and the sound blending is good and that they loop at the correct points. Also, all of the Sonic 1/2/3/3D tunes that are in SRB2 have been replaced with VGZ tracks since they are good quality and don't take up too much space. Kudos to the developers for adding VGM/VGZ support!

The current version is 2.1b. When the game gets updated, this mod will be updated as well to make sure that any tracks that were previously unused will get remade.

First patch released! If you haven't downloaded Genesis.wad yet, then you will only have the changed tracks if you only download the patch. Make sure you download the main wad AND any patches released if you want to stay up to date. Main releases such as the future v2.2, however, will have all the previously released patches applied to the main wad.

Changelog:
Code:
2.1b
-Remade O_MAP22M, O_MAP23M and O_MAP26M. (spongehog5000)

2.1a
-Remade O_MAP28M and O_MAP91M (both by spongehog5000) and fixed the tempos.
Samples! Yay!

Greenflower Act 1
Techno Hill Act 1
Spring Hill

OGG replacements by spongehog5000
Code:
O_CHRSEL
O_CONTSC
O_CREDIT
O_GMOVER
O_INVINC
O_LCLEAR
O_MAP01M
O_MAP02M
O_MAP04M
O_MAP05M
O_MAP07M
O_MAP08M
O_MAP10M
O_MAP11M
O_MAP22M
O_MAP23M
O_MAP25M
O_MAP26M
O_MAP28M
O_MAP29M
O_MAP30M
O_MAP31M
O_MAP87M
O_MAP88M
O_MAP89M
O_MAP90M
O_MAP91M
O_MAP92M
O_MAP99M
O_MAPA9M
O_MAPAEM
O_MAPAIM
O_MAPAJM
O_MAPARM
O_MAPAZM
O_MAPB0M
O_MAPB1M
O_MAPB2M
O_MAPB3M
O_MAPB4M
O_MAPB5M
O_MAPB6M
O_MAPB9M
O_MAPCSM
O_MINVNC
O_SHOES
O_SUPERS
O_XTLIFE
OGG replacements by Metal Blake
Code:
O_MAP03M
O_MAP13M
O_MAP16M
O_MAP93M
O_MAP95M
O_MAPB7M
O_MAPB8M
O_RACENT
O_READ_M
O_TITLES
VGZs added
Code:
O_DROWN
O_MAP45M
O_MAPAAM
O_MAPABM
O_MAPACM
O_MAPADM (Replaced with Ice Cap Act 2 Music)
O_MAPAFM
O_MAPAGM
O_MAPAHM
O_MAPALM
O_MAPAMM
O_MAPANM (Replaced with Scrap Brain Music)
O_MAPAQM
O_MAPASM
O_MAPATM
O_MAPAUM
O_MAPAVM
Hope you enjoy this mod as much as I have making it for you.

MEDIAFIRE LINK:
Code:
http://www.mediafire.com/download/e429g8mafkeg11r/Genesis21a.zip

Attachments

• Genesis.7z.001
    32 MB · Views: 1,760
  • Genesis.7z.002
    32 MB · Views: 1,356
  • Genesis.7z.003
    30.7 MB · Views: 1,413
  • Genesis21b.zip
    3.1 MB · Views: 2,490
Last edited:
Welcome to Releases!

This is a split archive using 7-zip compression. Most computers will need a third party program, such as 7-zip, to open it. In the case of my example, open 7-zip and navigate to the files, and open one of them to have 7-zip open the entire combined archive and get the wad.

Last edited:
10/10

This is an okay music wad for a music wad using a genesis soundfont and midis, everything sounds decent except DSZ2, That one hurts.

Last edited:
I love messing with flstudio and soundfonts to change midis like that, it's cool you ended up doing the whole soundtrack, that would take a lot of time! I remember for a while I was working on a wad like this one, except it was 8 bit music (combination of NES and GB soundfonts) but I thought for sure it wouldn't get accepted, so I stopped. Now that this was approved, I think I might go ahead on that :)

Anyway, I'm loving these tracks! You should totally release this in MP3 form if you can, cause I'd love to listen to these, not just in-game

Heh. Ditto on having FL Studio and doing the exact same thing with MIDIs and soundfonts and such. I had this same concept a few months before I joined the MB. Glad to see this saw the light

Last edited:
FOOLS!
FOOLS EVERYWHERE

PEOPLE USE HJSPLIT
to combine these files into one big file
and then open the combined file and then use the combined wad from the combined file.

HUGE nitpick, I can't even open the files with WinRAR, I've tried renaming it and it says that, the files are either damaged or unable to open. Please, in future, just use a single zip/rar/7z file. It makes things so much easier. (Don't rename the file type either, please.)

EDIT: Nevermind, I was able to access it somehow, so I dunno what the other files are for.

Last edited:
HUGE nitpick, I can't even open the files with WinRAR, I've tried renaming it and it says that, the files are either damaged or unable to open. Please, in future, just use a single zip/rar/7z file. It makes things so much easier. (Don't rename the file type either, please.)

EDIT: Nevermind, I was able to access it somehow, so I dunno what the other files are for.
YOU NEED TO COMBINE THEM USING HJSPLIT WHAT THE HECK!
if you don't you will have corrupted/incomplete wad!
Note that wad is over 100mb!
you can't send wads this big to SRB2MB servers.
but they always could use dropbox/mediafire/mega/other file sharing website to download the intire file

This doesn't work at all for me. None of this has helped and HJSplit doesn't work. Why not simplify to a .zip file?

Sheesh, calm down all of you. Just extract it all into a folder and it'll compile itself when you open the first part.
EDIT: or nvm Prime added it into his post so read that

This wad is more of a hit-and-miss btw. I like most of them, like the act clear jingle and ACZ. But some aren't exactly great to listen to, such as ERZ as it's incredibly quiet and AGZ for being the opposite.

The mastering could use some work at times, yeah.

The files are not all one attachment because of the attachment filesize limit. It had to be split into multiple attachments to fit.

To be clear (since it looks like you removed the mediafire link after putting the attachments back) having an off-site mirror is fine, you just need to have all files also be uploaded as attachments.

But who's to judge

I'd reaaally love to have all these available as files that aren't already inserted into the game.

Not too bad, I would keep playing with some of the songs to find better balance between all of the instruments.

Props for making a full remix soundtrack though, better than I can say for myself :U

Beautiful Remaster of the music; just put into a Genesis standpoint.

I have to admit, this mod is extremely good. When I first downloaded it, I was excited to wonder what it would sound like, and when it finished downloading, I would've listened to the tracks. Then I realized how much of a masterpiece this project was.

Some of the tracks could be better, but all-in-all, 10/10.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back