The Knuckles sprite

Status
Not open for further replies.

Namo

I'm hoping it will be improved by the final version. Its not hand drawn like the Tails and Sonic sprtie, and it is basicall the only major fault I can find with srb2.

Knuckles's Spin Dash irks me. He should be a sphere like Sonic and Tails do. And besides Knuckles is far too abusive in this game. He's techically Super Sonic without the gold fur.

Most of Knuckles' sprites are prerendered placeholders. It's to be replaced with a drawn one by the final version.

Be glad you didn't have to deal with pre-1.09.3.x Knuckles, he couldn't even change colors properly.

I pretty much figured the sprite was a screenshot from SA1. But anyway, Knuckles always seemed like the Detail-hog when it came to design, so I can imagine he's difficult to draw?

Knuckles is probably as hard to draw as Sonic. Just that drawing so many sprites... Remember all the time we had a SuperSonic with a cape XD

The only knuckles.wad that looked good was SAKnux.wad.

The only problem was that it looked too big, but it looked perfect.

I can only hope it replaces the old, cruddy one.

Wrong, the best Knuckles wad was made by nitro to look like it should be in 1.1. It was called Knux.wad, and its way better than SAKnux.

Yeah, can't just STJr ask Nitro for using it in 1.1? That would save a lot of time to them :P

They could, but I think it would need a little refining, the back running frames look a little strange to me.

The only hard part about Knuckles in drawings/sprites are the lego piece thing on his shoes, other than that he's pretty easy.

The knux sprite: It's FLUBBER!.... It's GAY..... BLAGGH!

Seriously tho, I never saw nitro's knux, but maybe they should use most of the sprites.

Nitro's sprites look so good that you could easily think SSNTails made them, 'nuff said. That's why you could put them in 1.1 and nobody would notice :P

I think I've played as that knuckles 2 years ago.

I still prefer SAKnux though, it just looks better. The climbing looks better too...

If we were going by SRB2 style, that wad would be number 1.

This quote of mine is old, but clearly explains why I think Nitro's Knuckles sprites should not be used for the 1.1 Knuckles.
I said:
I found Nitro's Knuckles wad to be crappy, for these reasons:

He doesn't have good shading,
His walking frames' head bobbed too much only on the front and back, otherwise he forgot to do the same for the rest of the directions,
His walking frame hands are too small and were edited from Sonic's,
His falling frames were partially edited from CZ64's Mecha Knux,
His running frame hands are too small,
The rest of his running frames don't look right - His dreadlocks don't move, his legs and feet don't move in the right way, still retaining the walking frame look, and Knux should also be leaning more forward than this for running frames,
His spin/jump sprites seem to be incomplete, and not placed correctly for the actual animation bit (For example, the diagonal back sprites look odd when you see them in-game),
(Other places where the hands are too small) - The spring up frames, the back and diagonal-back of the falling frames, the back of the gliding frames and the back of the climbing frames,
The original Knuckles sprites are not as good as they originally were, thanks to the colors changed on them, compared to the Knux.plr that comes with SRB2,
And Overall, this wad is DEFINATELY NOT GOOD! (There could be other things that are bad in the wad, but I can't list all of them!)

That's why I once set out to make a much better Knux wad, long before Mighty was started, even though it was several years before I actually joined this January. It didn't look that good, and all I had was a complete front walking animation, partial bits for other directions and a slightly crappy, but complete gliding animation. I gave up on it, and I have produced much better sprites than then ,such as the Knux walking sprite I recently made.
Here is the sprite that I mentioned in that quote:
KNUXD1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back