Somthing strange in multiplayer...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was the host and alone and this happend after a bit....

ERROR3.jpg

ERROR2.jpg

ERROR.jpg

What the?what is this?

It was fine before.....

Did you happen to have any wads loaded at the time? Because this makes a great texture pack.

Does it do it always or only that time? If it's the latter, it may be just that something didn't got send properly to the video card and that error happened. But if it happens always, maybe it's a problem with the hardware. What happens in software mode?

Oh, I remember these textures. Remember Zelda OOT? Sometimes in the end of a boss, you'll such textures apear on the boss or on the ground.

Yeah, this'll only happen in openGL.

I have the feeling it's some incompatibility with the hardware. Those "textures" are just garbage, remember. Either change your drivers, or let's beg for Sonic Team Jr. to fix it :P

I'm half-surprised that it didn't just have a segmentation fault; that's definite proof of texture pointers pointing to garbage data, which runs a high risk of crashing the whole program (trying to use NULL like any normal pointer typically never ends happily).

That said, that looks awesome. I'd probably be freaked out if it happened in the middle of a game, but if I went out of my way to get that to happen and the game WASN'T going to crash, it'd be very much surreal.

There's something very different about that last picture...Almost as if someone tried to add a new floor but forgot to save it as a Doom flat.

The minimizing one sounds like a palette error more than texture error, though. I believe I've seen it happen a few times myself.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back