State of the SRB2 Wiki

Status
Not open for further replies.
Guys, allow me to re-assure you all.
Just because Digiku is a sysop dosen't mean I haven't halted taking requests. If anybody is willing [and fits the suitable requirements, assumingly], please say so.

Ritz said:
So long as you're active on the Wiki, Digi, how far off is a NiGHTS mode tutorial?

Maybe a drafty day in December. I'm focusing on the important stuff that people would probably use first, such as the Things, Sectors, and Linedefs.

But a NiGHTS tutorial isn't a bad idea. It sounds like one of those "when I'm bored" things, I guess.

Well, I'd like to make a few Tutorials for Stuff around there. Teleports, etc.

I have made an Account there (SykoticX), and I am waiting for orders to...

uh...

Do something.

mariosonic wrote:
Also would you be able to explain FOF's more and how to make different types and such. Me being a n00b (Of course) I can't understand it and would like to be able to make better maps.

Digiku said:
http://srb2wiki.sepwich.com/index.phptitle=Linedef_Type_25
Does this help?
Thanks Digiku (Sorry already learned that part of FOF's :oops: ). But I think that will help many people understand it better and solve alot of questions.

On behalf of the SRB2 message board, and I'm sure many of you agree on this, I'd like to thank Digiku for all the effort he has put into the SRB2 wiki thus far. This comes with the new Main Page for the wiki. Digiku has put in far more work then any one person should have had to do, and he did it voluntarily. He has singlehandedly upgraded almost every article within the SRB2 wiki, and has added many more. The effort has been appreciated, and hopefully now, people will find the wiki informative and helpful in ways unthought of before.

I signed up a while ago, before this topic was made, and just added a couple of linedef definitions, nothing very special. I'll continue to do this for... a while.

Hey, I worked on BSZ, remember? :)

But yes, the wiki has a new Main Page now. Go check it out! It should make the wiki more accessible, and it's also very pretty...

Spazzo said:
  • An account on SRB2 Wiki
  • Long-time membership on these forums (At least a year)
  • No past tempbans
  • Already done noticable work on SRB2 Wiki
  • Trusted by Hotdog003 and myself

1. Yes, unless it was deleted in some freak accident during Sepwich blowing up multiple times. D:
2. WELL over a year.
3. None.
4. A long time ago but willing to begin work again seeing as how the Wiki is getting it's drive back.
5. I'll let you decide.

JJames19119 said:
Spazzo said:
  • An account on SRB2 Wiki
  • Long-time membership on these forums (At least a year)
  • No past tempbans
  • Already done noticable work on SRB2 Wiki
  • Trusted by Hotdog003 and myself

1. Yes, unless it was deleted in some freak accident during Sepwich blowing up multiple times. D:
2. WELL over a year.
3. None.
4. A long time ago but willing to begin work again seeing as how the Wiki is getting it's drive back.
5. I'll let you decide.

1) No
2)No
3) 1 tempban
4) No work
5) I'm not sure if anyone trusts me...

It's been over 4 months since this topic was made. The Wiki has improved a great deal. However, there is still a lot more that can be done. For example, The map pages still need quite a bit of work, and I'm sure a great many of the people here know enough about the map structures and layouts. At least enough to write up efficient articles on them.

Also, while most of the THINGS pages are done, there are still some that need doing. Specifically, most of the NiGHTS THINGS need pages from someone who is able to do them.

The console page can also use a lot of new content, as I know it is missing information. I'm sure a lot of you know of commands the console has and their proper syntax. These are simple enough to add.

In general, the Wiki has improved, but it is still far from complete. There are outdated/redundant/useless/etc pages that need work. I'm asking the community to actually step forward and help on this. This is supposed to be a community project, but so few people are consistently working on it. Please contribute what you can, and for those of you who do work on this regularly, thank you for your dedication.

I'm still looking for volunteers to be Mod's on the Wiki. Just look at the first news bulletin on the main page for the details.

To be honest, I've only had 2 entries, so far, which is a major dissapointment (the number, not the entries themselves).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back