Post your pics/art here!

to_build_a_snowpony_by_nixtras-d4jzmw4.png
Merry early Christmas or something.

Very nice! What did you use to make it? I know you used vectors though, so I suppose you used either Illustrator or Inkscape.

Very nice! What did you use to make it? I know you used vectors though, so I suppose you used either Illustrator or Inkscape.

I drew it on a piece of paper, took a picture of using a horrible webcam, and colored it with Gimp.

4p2vdho.png

I drew this today using my new tablet. I made one eye taller than the other by mistake. I had a Trans-Cyberian Orchestra song in the background (I think it was Trans, not sure.) for inspiration. C&C?

I've been gone a hell of a while. In that time I've been exploring my artistic side. I'm learning Adobe Illustrator, and one of the first things I did was freehand Ark Gurren Lagann for a class grade.

ark_gurren_lagann_by_mpfyrus-d4bqn96.jpg

It's missing a few details, but hey. I had a deadline to meet. And that deadline was two class periods.

vmrfhi.jpg
I always found the Cream missions in Sonic Generations really funny with both Speed Highway being day and Cream wearing the rings instead of holding them.

Virt, your picture is making feel as though I realy need to practice with my tablet. :|

4p2vdho.png

I drew this today using my new tablet. I made one eye taller than the other by mistake. I had a Trans-Cyberian Orchestra song in the background (I think it was Trans, not sure.) for inspiration. C&C?
The coloring ruins it. Something like this would be much better off either flat-shaded or cel-shaded. I love the linework, though.

Also, hell yeah, Trans-Siberian Orchestra. Never thought I'd see anyone mention that on the MB.

tumblr_lwxfrqO5rT1r4cvcc

Last edited:
Thanks. It looks pretty neat!

I have just discovered Picasion, and I'd thought I'd make some animated stuff!

blinky_by_a_terrible_cartoon-d4kw36v.gif

Thing the First. This was my trial image. Very .gif-y.

eggbaby_by_a_terrible_cartoon-d4kw3o1.gif

Thing the Second. DeviantART won't let me scale this down, apparently. It'd be much better that way.

starshine_by_a_terrible_cartoon-d4kwfhs.gif

Thing the Third. Simple, but I like it. The original version had each shade of gray / color one pixel wide, which made viewing the whole thing a headache.

Last edited:
[.gif]

Thing the Third. Simple, but I like it. The original version had each shade of gray / color one pixel wide, which made viewing the whole thing a headache.

This post started out as an interesting subject. Then this piece of visual spectacle you'd expect to see from psychedelic music videos that tantalize the eyes came into play. Very nice work.

I'm glad you like that design, GREG. I've actually been working on improving it; Mostly I wanted to expand it horizontally and to make the foreground element less rough. Here's my second draft...

starshinev2_0_by_a_terrible_cartoon-d4kz1zf.gif

In a previous version, I wanted to replace the bottom moving element with something of a more copper tone color scheme, like you'd see in olde timey movies. But when I finished it up, it looked like a particularly gaudy river of poo.

I have no idea why I am telling you this. Enjoy!

Also, this:

pet_drog_by_a_terrible_cartoon-d4l29zi.jpg

Last edited:

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back