Models

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can someone please get the Greenflower stage model? I wanted to import the stage in Generations? And I know this is wrong place to ask something like this, but this is the only place I know to get Stage models from SRB2.

---------- Post added at 06:13 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:10 AM ----------

Also, just the GreenFlower Zone STAGE Model. I need Act 1 and Act 2. that is all.

Yeah. The Doom engine doesn't use models for stages. You're going to have to make one from scratch in Sketchup or something

Besides Lumo and I had the idea first.

Last edited:
Remaking the stage it self will be quite easy. If you use Blender. It can smooth out all the polygons and even make the original level ten times better then the one on doom engine. DeleD is another wonderful model software. But polygons are hard to keep control in DeleD so you need to keep deleting each tiny little polygon that shows up randomly.

Also Google Sketchup is also another great model making software as well. But I don't really know much about it though.

Or you could have just easily extracted them from srb2.srb

Google Sketchup is the best option for remaking Doom Engine maps, imo.

It is great to exactly remake the doom maps into another engine. But Blender can make the maps look completely amazing. Since it has lighting affects and all that. And it lets you easily make the normal maps into amazing map in no time at all. But Blender is not user friendly like Google Sketchup is.

Remaking the stage it self will be quite easy. If you use Blender. It can smooth out all the polygons and even make the original level ten times better then the one on doom engine. DeleD is another wonderful model software. But polygons are hard to keep control in DeleD so you need to keep deleting each tiny little polygon that shows up randomly.

Also Google Sketchup is also another great model making software as well. But I don't really know much about it though.

Can you make GreenFlower Zone Act 1 in Blender? I'll send you the textures

Also Eternally Aries Red X, can you make GreenFlower Act 2 in Blender as well? I already send you Act 1 textures. So I'll do the same for Act 2 textures

It is great to exactly remake the doom maps into another engine. But Blender can make the maps look completely amazing. Since it has lighting affects and all that. And it lets you easily make the normal maps into amazing map in no time at all. But Blender is not user friendly like Google Sketchup is.

There is no reason why you can't use more than one program. Build basic stage in Sketchup (and that'd be your collision mesh too), and then once the layout is done make it look nice in Blender/3DS Max/Maya/Lightwave/whatever.

Make it your own damn self. Stop demanding everyone do your work for you.

If you spent a small modicum of time figuring out how Doom's map format works, you should be able to make the model relatively easily.

Also, Generations' gameplay does not lend itself well to SRB2's level design, so this is not an advisable endeavor anyway.

Make it your own damn self. Stop demanding everyone do your work for you.

If you spent a small modicum of time figuring out how Doom's map format works, you should be able to make the model relatively easily.

Also, Generations' gameplay does not lend itself well to SRB2's level design, so this is not an advisable endeavor anyway.

I'm new here. You don't have to be mean.

I don't care if you're new. Begging for people to do your work for you, repeatedly, violates rule 11. Surely you read those?

I have to enforce them, and if you don't like my attitude when doing so, tough.

Really, the only way you're going to get this done is to take the map layout from a Doom editor of your choice (SRB2DB2 is recommended), and, using that as reference, painstakingly map out the vertices of each sector as polygons in the model editor of your choice (I'm not well-versed on these). It will not be a quick procedure. It won't be an especially hard procedure, just a very tedious one. On the plus side, there are no slopes, so all walls will be perfectly vertical and all floors perfectly flat; that might make matters simpler. Good luck.

There is no reason why you can't use more than one program. Build basic stage in Sketchup (and that'd be your collision mesh too), and then once the layout is done make it look nice in Blender/3DS Max/Maya/Lightwave/whatever.

Ah I forgot about importing and what not. Now since you put it like that. Using Google Sketchup to make the collisions helps a lot. And since I was messing around with Google Sketchup a bit. I also find adding texture in it a lot better then Blender and DeleD.

Also DarkspineSilver1. You can easily make it your self with out any problems. Using Google Sketchup will help the collisions a lot better and adding textures in it and lining them up will work well in Sketchup as well.

Hey guys, you were wrong I got the SRB2 Museum level and used 3DVia Printscreen to rip the level. Thing is, it's flipped horizontally so it's not placed right.

Image:
wCppM.png

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back