SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Archived > Outdated Releases (2.0.X) > Mods (2.0.X)

Super Bomberman Blast 2 - vB-001 (SBB2 v001.zip/SBB2 Music.zip) Details »»
Super Bomberman Blast 2 - vB-001 (SBB2 v001.zip/SBB2 Music.zip)
Developer Last Online: May 2016

Version: SRB2 Rating: (4 votes - 3.80 average)
Released: 12-25-2010 Last Update: Never Installs: 5
Multiplayer Levels SOCs Code Changes Sprites/Graphics Is in Beta Stage

Merry christmas, folks!
For those who haven't noticed, I've been idle on the forum for quite some time. I figured this would be a good post to make a return on. Additionally, I've been meaning to get a release candidate out to the public for quite some time now. Surely you can infer from the topic title that this is a modification based off a pre-existing series. Well, it is, and it works pretty well in it's current condition too.

Right, I should get to presenting this thing, shouldn't I?

Super..

... .. 2?
Version: vB-001

Super Bomberman Blast is presently on a indefinite hiatus due to Real Life Issues.

Familiar with the Bomberman series? Good! You'll be able to get a feel for the gameplay immediately. Otherwise if you're unfamiliar with the series, you can read more about it here and get an idea of how gameplay is supposed to work.

You may recall that I had a modification much like this in the 1.09.4 era. However it has taken quite an overhaul since the last release. Don't believe me? Take a look at the comparison below.

All Images are in a 1280x800 resolution, you might experience issues loading some of these images

Spoiler: Dare to compare

1.09.4 (version 1.50.4):

(Notice how the fire is going INSIDE the wall)
2.0.x (version vB-001):

Loads of differences if you couldn't already tell.

~~~~~

There isn't much to showcase in this initial release, however I bet I can show the various screenshots I took during development.

Various types of Bombs can be planted. This is done by collecting the corresponding panel for that bomb type.

Spoiler: Types of Bombs

The new debris emitted from bombs provide some interesting strategic meanuvers.
Spoiler: Debris Physics

These are just Miscellaneous screenshots I've taken during testing. Mainly for amusement.
Spoiler: Misc.

Features?:
  • A variety of these features are simply ported from the previous iteration of Super Bomberman Blast 2. Others, however, are not.
  • Bomb planting for the most part.
  • You can move along the Y axis (Up and Down) in 2D maps.
  • Bomb kicking.
  • Several bomb powerups. As mentioned/shown above.
  • Console command toggles for those powerups (Eg. bombup, fireup, powerpanel, rubberpanel, etc.)
  • Scoring for when a player runs into another player's exploded bomb.
  • Particles (Re: Shuffle)
Levels?:
Most of the levels found in the main wad are comprised of a small and large size (Two levels for each type of stage). Both for dealing with a small and large group of players respectively. While I apologize for the lack of variety/diversity to the maps found in the mod, do take into consideration that this is the initial release candidate and is planned to be expanded upon.

Issues, problems, bugs?:

From the various development tests I've done, I haven't seen any problems with this release. However, if you do find anything, please report it. Any information, including what you were doing at the time of a crash (If one were to occur) helps me in finding out the source of the problem.

Well, there's not much else to say. More information is outlined in the BomberREADME.txt file included in this zip. I encourage you to look through it if you want more information. Lets provide those download links now!

(Alternate mirrors for both files provided as attachments)
Download SBB2 vB-001: (1)
一一==三三==一一
Download the Optional Music File (Highly recommended): (1)

Source code available on the SRB2MODS SVN server, etc.

Now it's time I focus on some of my other projects found on the SRB2MODS SVN server..

Download Now

File Type: zip SBB2 vB-001.zip (1.82 MB, 3643 views)
File Type: zip SBB2-Music.zip (4.54 MB, 2573 views)

Supporters / CoAuthors

Show Your Support

• This addon may not be copied, reproduced or published elsewhere without the author's permission.

Comments
Old 10-15-2012   #42
Metal Blake
Door-kun best protag

Quote:
Originally Posted by SRB2PlayerFan View Post
Excellent mod. This brings back the memories of Bomberman on the PSX (It supported multitap, but Bomberman was originally for the NES).

The mod is still great, but I wonder what a Bomberman mod would be like if it had Adventure mode. (Bomberman 64 idea)

Overall, I like this mod.
I have to agree, i like this mode, and the prospect of an adventure mode similar to Bomberman 64 (which is in fact my favorite bomberman game... gotta love that Black Fortress theme!). My only complaints, however, are that
1. the collision mechanics of SRB2 make the bomber stages a pain in rear.
2. the bomb button really could use a different key, then you could have more strategies like "Hit 'n Run"
3. The Bomber stages take up the default SRB2 stages

Other than that, epic mod. Keep up the good work.
Old 07-20-2013   #43
Drflash55
Expert SRB2 Player

Is there ever going to be an update of this?

[I may get an infraction for (maybe) bumping this]
Old 07-21-2013   #44
kyllian1212
wow im old

Probably not... if you read the 1st post.

Quote:
Super Bomberman Blast is presently on a indefinite hiatus due to Real Life Issues.
Old 11-23-2014   #45
Firework917
Wizard 1.0 is SRB3!

Default Game won't even start

I clicked the SBB2 for the first time, and it told me I was missing SRB2.srb/SRB2.wad. So, I got it from the 2.1.11 installer, but when I go to boot it again, then it won't start because it detected an extra WAD file (I'm assuming this is SRB2.srb). Can you fix this? Or am I using the wrong game version?
Old 11-23-2014   #46
TehRealSalt
Ya Gal Sal Here (σᴥσ)
Developer

Your using the wrong version. You need 2.0.7 to use this.