Doom Builder

Status
Not open for further replies.

sonic260

The Elementor
Hi I just downloaded Doom Builder last week and it didnt work. it worked yesterday at school and it works now. Now did it works how do you make your own stage? I went to wiki and it was now help at all what so ever. how do you use doom builder?

It's actually very simple. The modes, (sectors, vertices, lines) let you edit certain things. Right click in sectors or lines mode with nothing selected to create a new sector. Close your sectors correctly, or else glitches happen. Right click on the sector you make and a window opens. The floor numbers represent floor height, and ceiling heights represent ceiling heights. For something, like a cave with a top you can stand on, would require an FOF. Just select a sector and click on the FOF button to edit the FOF. Floors and tops work the same as normal sectors. Right click a sector and change its sector type to make it do a certain thing.

Digging stuff up on the wiki can be a load of fun.

i helpped a little but after i made a sector to be a bottomless pit, it wouldnt let me add another sector and i need to know how to do stuff like add textures and make walls. i already know how to add items though

When I start a new map on srb2 doom builder, this window pops up and says

WARNING: You have no IWAD file set for this configuration!
WARNING: Could not find required lump PLAYPAL

Should i be worried about this? and when i close out doom builder it says Srb2 Doom Builder has stopped working. What the heck?! It didnt say that when i tried it to school but why does it say that on a vista?

If you don't tell SRB2DB where srb2.srb is, it'll say that. Maybe you forgotten to set that this time :P

when i go to the configuration thing, the only thing that shows up is Sonic Robo Blast 2 and thats all.

Ok I decided to try doom builder yester day and the tutorial's going great but i kinda ran into a wall here

Anyway, first, let's add something to the level. How about a block to jump over? What you do is, inside Sector 1, enter Linedefs mode, and right-click. Move the mouse to the left until the line hits one of the one sided linedefs, then right click. Move it up 64 units, right click, move it to the right to the other line, right click, move down 64 units, right click, and move to the left until you hit your starting point. Now, the ever helpful Sector dialog will pop up. Set the floor height to 50, and the floor flat to FLOOR0_3.

I went into line mode and started a line on the outside of the sector then followed it through, after I did the line thing, i moved the mouse into the square i made and nothing came up. but when i moved the mouse on the lines, they turnd yellow and when i click it the sector dialog didnt come up but something else did that wasnt sector dialog

Because you're still in linedef mode. Switch to sector mode once you made it :P

And tip: you can make sectors that very same way in sector mode. No need to switch to linedef mode unless you want to modify the linedefs :P

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back