The Official SRB2 Launcher

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dark Warrior said:
Oh, please. The worst that's in there is mild, and barely implies anything. Chill out.

Well, even so, whatever is in there (I don't know and I'm not going to bother to download the launcher and check), doesn't really need to be. =P If you want another good reason, this is a Sonic game. An unofficial one at that, but still a Sonic game, and Sonic games never were supposed to have anything inappropriate, even if just PG. I don't mind PG, but I find it slightly unsettling in Sonic. =P

...The worst that's in there is something along the lines of "Hey, watch where you put that pointer" when you click on the Sonic image. Isn't exactly anything worth noting.

Dark Warrior said:
...The worst that's in there is something along the lines of "Hey, watch where you put that pointer" when you click on the Sonic image. Isn't exactly anything worth noting.
I'm agreeing with dark warrior on this one

Yeah, it's not that inappropriate. It's quite funny, actually. And, from what I've noticed, people actually ARE able to post that level of humor here...anything more than that might get you in trouble, but "launcher-level" humor is fine.

Are you serious? That's it? My God guys, you seriously need to grow up, there's nothing wrong with that at all.

Dark Warrior said:

Huh. I was expecting something worse than that. It really isn't worth noting, but it still isn't cool.

I think these are the worst of the messages they're wining about, but I don't see what the big deal is, most kids already hear stuff worse than this all of the time.
Netlauncher.png

I'm sure someone in real life is bound to say the same thing if you keep poking him/her. Actually, it'd probably be more of something along the lines of, "What the hell are you doing?"

My apologies for over reacting. I do that alot.
But still, do you want to see a kid call his/her mom "pervert"? Do you want a kid to ask for a drink after he/she did bad on a test? Some people think "Aww. How cute!", But most people think "What? What kind of parent would teach their kid that?" and will make the parents look bad.

I can see where you're coming from, but I really doubt that's at all likely. Anyway, there are much worse words out there that a little kid could stumble upon. Besides, how many SRB2 fans are THAT young?

A lot, trust me, if you joined the random servers that are constantly up, you would be able to tell.

I've joined servers with seven- and eight-year-olds, no joke. I have to question why their parents would allow them to go online, but then again, we REALLY shouldn't have the master server URL in the config by default.

Blue Warrior said:
I've joined servers with seven- and eight-year-olds, no joke. I have to question why their parents would allow them to go online, but then again, we REALLY shouldn't have the master server URL in the config by default.

Truth be told, this can be fixed quite easily by getting rid of srb2.servegame.org and using ms.srb2.org as the MS URL only.

Questionguy: Yes, because then we will sleep well at night knowing some stupid little kid is grounded because they called their mother a pervert. The keyword is stupid, since that's one less idiot in the community. :)

No time to teach our kid or not, parents are responsible for the actions of their kids.

If I was a parent catching my kid saying stuff like that, not only is he grounded but he's gonna have to sleep in a room with a bed and three books.

First book being a dictionary

second book being a textbook

third book being the story he's gonna write with the words I give him stating a moral about NOT to say words like that.

Now it sounds strict, but look a young kids now a days.

Be strict but don't be jerk to your kid. Kid's a kid after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back