Jeck Jims' MD2s 2.0's Final Update

Status
Not open for further replies.
V2.1 MONITORS ADDED SEPT. 8th
Exactly what the title says. new monitors for EVERYTHING based off of, and using the sprites of, the 2.1 monitors on the SRB2 wiki. These are double-sided to allow a better chance of knowing what your getting then the old monitors.
attachment.php

attachment.php

Credit to STJR for the 2.1 sprites.

Last edited:
I dunno, the buttons on the monitors dont look like what the Chaotix/2.1 sprites try to represent. It's not really loyal to the original concept.

Also, if the icons don't spin like they're supposed to, I will be very dissapointed.

Nice Jeck. You got 2.1 monitor md2s ready at a early time! That's awesome. Now, others will just feel like they're already in 2.1.

May I ask you to elaborate D00D64? I'm a little confused on what you mean with the buttons. Also, I don't think I can make the icons spin...

May I ask you to elaborate D00D64? I'm a little confused on what you mean with the buttons.

bijt5.png

As you can see, it seems really odd to have that piece rounded. Infact, I dont think the monitor should be rounded at all, except for the base. Judging by this, it seems these are based off older monitors, typically sharp edged.

Also, I don't think I can make the icons spin...

If frames are an issue, I have a wad that covers all that...

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7986587/TheFutureNOW.wad

It has everything the 2.1 monitors are likely to use, including the spinny monitor panel frames. You just need to cover the actual animating, though I dunno how animation works with MD2s, so I dunno if this is any helpful, but whatever.

I see your points, I have already fixed the buttons. As for being more square, I honestly prefer how its shaped now, and it is really not noticeable in-game, but I will certainly fix that in the future, as in after 2.1's release. Also, at that point I will reanimate the icon to spin as in your WAD. (which was super helpful, thanks :D)
Give me like a half an hour and I'll post the button fix.

---------- Post added at 10:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:57 PM ----------

OK, fixed the buttons, any better?
attachment.php

attachment.php

The shield and thok MD2s cause "This model has no texture" errors in srb2cb and don't work at all in srb2win. How do I fix this?

There is no fix for SRB2cb, and for vanilla all I could tell you is to make sure your texture filter is set to Nearest.

This probably won't add much to the conversion, but I just wanted to say thank you Jeck, for these MD2 models. I appreciate them a lot, I really do :)

Your very welcome Kalaron. :)
Although, they wouldn't be able to be used a as well as I like without your SRB2CB. So thank you as well. :D

MANY THINGS ADDED & UNDATED OCT 9th
Classic Shadow, Classic Manic, new Star Post, Buzz updates, 2.1 monitors added to some characters, and beta Sonic Riders MD2.
All along with a complete re-organization to help make finding things easier.
*If there is/are any files missing in this re-organization, please inform me. Please note Some past MD2's have not been re uploaded due to them sucking.

Jeck, I don't have much to say. But I'd like to thank you for making this so marvelous job.

Last edited:
Missing models

*If there is/are any files missing in this re-organization, please inform me.

1) BUZZ.MD2 is found in both Jeck Jims' Items.zip and Jeck Jims' Enemies.zip. They can overwrite each other.

2) Missing characters: Shuffle Pairs, Shuffle Tails, Sonic Armor, Sonic Bots.

3) I think Super Ring monitor is missing some frame.

Last edited:
Just a suggestion... you should do the monitors in modern style (bubble) so that the things inside are visible from every angle. And then instead of a tiny card with the icon on it, you could make it sort of a triangular prism. That's what I do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back