I got a suggestion, and I think it's crazy enough to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dreamcaster

I think this may improve on the number of bad WADS.

We should all get a group of specially "hired" people on the board to critique Recently submitted WADS. They would give a yes/no and why, and if there were more yeses than nos then the WAD would get posted. If there are more nos, then the WAD would be declined and the author would be given a second chance to improve the wad and resubmit, unless it was a bad idea altogether. If it hasn't greatly improved, or if it was, as I said, a bad idea, It would be declined altogether.

Think about it, they do the same system as this thing on OCReMix.org ('cept of course with music), and 99.9% of their music is GREAT. Also, if you had any ideas on how to improve this system, you should post it here too.

I saw the OCRemix system a very long time ago, and I thought pretty much the same idea. My question is, should rejected files be deleted from the topics, or do we keep them there? I mean, just because a file judged as crap, that doesn't keep a person from using it in a netgame.

I'm sorry, but I think that would overload the site if you only had two groups of wads. There would be too many crap wads.

Blue Warrior said:
I saw the OCRemix system a very long time ago, and I thought pretty much the same idea. My question is, should rejected files be deleted from the topics, or do we keep them there? I mean, just because a file judged as crap, that doesn't keep a person from using it in a netgame.

The WAD wouldn't be put in a topic altogether. you would have to get permission to make one, by sending it in to them for rating. if it's not OMFGWTFBBQ bad(like most WADS released here), they let him put it in a topic.

It's been brought up before, but it was decided that it would do nothing more than completely sever the flow of WAD releases, due to the blatant lack of decent WADs.

Just a reminder, NSZ2 took 2 months. The Critics Pick section would be pretty empty.

I still want a Miscellaneous section, though. The mods section is being filled with random non-mod stuff.

Then where does Blue Heaven and Acid Missle fit? They definately aren't Miscellaneous, now are they?

Re: I got a suggestion, and I think it's crazy enough to wor

Dreamcaster said:
I think this may improve on the number of bad WADS.
Bad wads will constantly flow in unless Admins ban newbs and n00bs on sight.

Dreamcaster said:
We should all get a group of specially "hired" people on the board to critique Recently submitted WADS. They would give a yes/no and why, and if there were more yeses than nos then the WAD would get posted.
Moderators. And they are so intelligant, one of them has enough common sense to lock a thread all by themselves! D:

Dreamcaster said:
If there are more nos, then the WAD would be declined and the author would be given a second chance to improve the wad and resubmit, unless it was a bad idea altogether. If it hasn't greatly improved, or if it was, as I said, a bad idea, It would be declined altogether.
Noobs won't improve bull crap. Not untill they're better at creating things for SRB2. And the only way to do that is by making more (bad) stuff and getting experience. PARADOXz0rz ZOMG

Dreamcaster said:
Think about it, they do the same system as this thing on OCReMix.org ('cept of course with music), and 99.9% of their music is GREAT. Also, if you had any ideas on how to improve this system, you should post it here too.

Archive for n00b bull**** in it's own section. Possobly lock the Characters/Editing Section.

I've been trying to say, this system will stop bad wads, and not let them in at all.

I don't get it, what's so bad about this system?

No, people will have to take votes, and the thread will be left open untill everone relises that the wad isn't actually being improved.

Hey, then I have another suggestion.

Maybe a newgrounds-like system? people would get the wad, test it, then rate it, and if its bad, it gets, "blammed", so that no more people have to suffer from it. Yeah, the WAD may still get send to friends from the creator, and the people who did get it may reproduce it, but the important thing is, they aren't getting it from here.

I think a "YouSRB2" site would be cool, in the sense that you can post wads, and people can play and rate them and post comments.

If there were a way to embed EXE playability into websites, you wouldn't even have to open SRB2 to play it. (BTW, IF THERE IS SUCH AN ABILITY, TELL ME HOW)

What we'd probably have to do is embed a little activex control that could launch SRB2 with the wad

Another option is adding file association support to SRB2.

Meh, I'm fine with playing SRB2 from my computer directory.

As for the "YouSRB2" thing, I've kind of already gotten started with its forums... <_<

I'm taking suggestions; already have a post count freeze and attachment mod in place, so all that really needs to be in place is the different forums (judging forum, general discussion), usergroups for judges, and the main site, where all the good wads will go. Also a slightly revamped theme and some changed settings, but those are minor.

Anyone got any more ideas?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back