Ash's Generic SRB2 Questions

Oh, and just a comment...

Okay, so I'm using a ceiling height of 7000 (I have to). When you guys said there would be graphic errors, I didn't think they would be as horrible as they're coming. Usually, random sectors that are perfectly fine just totally explode as if they're broken in some way, but they aren't... I thought for a second it was Wad Author's fault, considering it's not really the best at building nodes, but even using ZenNode, the errors remained.

I'm FORCED to use the ceiling height of 7000. Is there any possible way to keep these errors from happening? Even if it's just an idea, seriously, I'm going out of my mind.

I'm pretty neat with the tags, so I highly doubt that's the problem.

Any other reason this could be happening?

Edit: Oh wait, I just realized I had my first 5 tags overlapping, and when I removed them, the problems vanished.

So um, nevermind.

Edit 2: Actually, the problems became worse (even though those tags weren't even being used by anything).

You wouldn't believe how incredibly bad this is. I just don't know how to fix it (without screwing up the level).

Edit 3: I figured out the problem, and it's fixed. Nevermind again.

HUD Coordinates, which resolution should I use to determine their positions? I have a 1280 x 800, and I doubt EVERYONE does.

Erm, I think you should use what's in Soc edit to use. Just because you don't have the same resoltion as everybody else doesn't mean that we aren't using the same grid to place the HUD. :/

Yes... EXE modding. Or, you could fake it by having one of the sprites on the title screen take up the whole screen and contain the other sprites in it. If you know what I mean.

Not really, no. I don't know ANY C... but if someone could tell me where to find it in the source, I might be able to improvise. Also, if someone could point me to the time parts of the source (like, where it tells SRB2 to switch to XMAS mode), that'd be awesome, too.

For the multiple sprites on the title screen thing, use 1 sprite that has the others in it, like this:
lolwut.PNG

As for the Xmas mode thing, let me go check, then I'll edit this post.

EDIT: It's in D_Main.c. Use Ctrl+F and look for static void D_TimeWad. Of course, to add another mode, you'll have to do a bunch of stuff.

Oh, I don't understand how that sprite thing would work. How would I be able to change the sprite numbers by editing the source?

I also barely understand this stuff under D_TimeWad. =D

I've been using DB's node builder, and I was wondering; is there a better node builder? (Since I know DB uses ZenNode)

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back