Random sudden errors during any netgame.

Status
Not open for further replies.

clairebun

Community Noise Maker
Sonic Team Junior
EDIT: Title changed to reflect current problem.

M'kay, I've had this problem for a while, and I haven't yet figured out how to fix it. Basically, instead of the port my netgames use being 5029, it's instead this random port number that I haven't forwarded to every time I host. The annoying thing is that even when I do forward that port, it still doesn't show up on the Master Server.

I've had enough of it, and I really would like to know how it can be fixed.

I have the same problem. I'll only get a total of one person, and that person is my brother on the same network. It's annoying, I just want to be able to host.

your router is messing it up, get a better router, like the WRT54GS/GL
then use a replacement firmware like DD-WRT

Funny, I'm using WRT54GS. I'd assume that it's just as good, though I guess I may be wrong....

According to DD-WRT wiki, the problem with newer Linksys routers is that they don't put as much ram and flash memory as they did before, making it not as good.

You can try updating the firmware to see if it improves stability.

Torgo said:
According to DD-WRT wiki, the problem with new Linksys routers is that they don't put as much ram and flash memory as they did before, making it not as good.

that is why I didn't say WRT54G, most of them in stores are the model 4 or 5, the sucky versions

My router is a wireless B(I want G) BEFW11S4 version 4. It worked for a while, then my connection slowed down allot. Same with my servers, I used to be able to actually host, but now I can't without being there alone.

Logan_GBA said:
Torgo said:
According to DD-WRT wiki, the problem with new Linksys routers is that they don't put as much ram and flash memory as they did before, making it not as good.

that is why I didn't say WRT54G, most of them in stores are the model 4 or 5, the sucky versions

Actually, now that you mention it, my dad originally got the first WRT54G on the market, or according to him. It worked perfectly, except that I had to forward 5029 myself. It broke down recently, so we just got a new one, which is having these problems; so, only the newer one is borked up apparently. I wonder why....

But anyway, I'll look into the DD-WRT firmware. I'm not sure I'll be getting another router soon, as I already have this one and a Clearwire router (as a backup, of sorts).

You know, maybe I can't host because I have 4 other computers all connected at the same time to one router, and occasionally my sister on my laptop. Also, I did the port forward thing for SRB2, but the MS isn't even working so I can't try it >.<.

About two months ago, I got a new router (D-link), and that pretty much fixed all my routing problems. Now, the problem I'm facing is random errors in the middle of gameplay, when I'm either hosting or not. And this is on my laptop. Yes, dammit, I know laptops are not a good idea for SRB2 netplay, but my other computer is slower than freaking molasses and has trouble even getting online in SRB2.

So, I want to know what causes these errors and how to fix them:

Code:
I_Error(): SOCK_Send, error sending to node 2 (83.35.67.0:26596) #10004: Unknown error

----

I_Error(): SOCK_Send, error sending to node 2 (76.20.153.240:5029) #10004: Unknown error

----

I_Error(): SOCK_Send, error sending to node 2 (66.223.169.141:5029) #10004: Unknown error
I_ShutdownTcpDriver: shut down
Unregistering this server to the master server...
WinSock description: WinSock 2.0
WinSock System Status: Running
cannot connect to the master server
I_Error(): SOCK_Send, error sending to node 2 (66.223.169.141:5029) #10038: Unknown error
I_Error(): SOCK_Send, error sending to node 3 (69.211.148.209:5029) #10038: Unknown error
I_Error(): SOCK_Get error #10038: Unknown error

Etcetera.

Sock Send/Get is usually caused by player name errors (hence the use of nodes), although they're apparently "unknown" errors.

I might be wrong about this, though.

This error is still occurring on my laptop.

Meanwhile, I'm trying to host on my older computer, but even though I have my ports forwarded and clientport/udpport set, my server doesn't seem to be working. I believe my firewall is not in the way, but I have to delve a little further into that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back