Srb2 DB1 Ceilings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fanthom

Also known as Strawberry
I don't know why, but everytime I create a new Sector within a Sector, the ceiling height changes randomly.
vsdkif.png
Take a look at this picture, I've drawn several different sectors (in which I changed their floor heights) Only after a few minutes, I noticed the ceiling messed up. What is going on? What Am I doing wrong? How can I fix this?
This happens also in low ceiling areas such as caves and buildings.

Last edited:
If you're making a cave-like area don't include it. Avoid touching the cave like areas. Drag/draw a box with sector, Right click it and change the Ceiling height to a number you like. Make sure to do it to the parts what you want to change.

EDIT: If you're using DB1, I don't know... ¬_¬'

That doesn't resolve my problem. I said that DB1 randomly changes the ceilings heights. It doesn't matter if I manually set them in the properties, sooner or later, they'll change height once again. This happens, as I said before, in the whole map.

Last edited:
This is just a theory, but maybe you accidently made an open sector, which effects everything, and db thinking that, that one sector is closed, so whenever you add a sector, it would be like adding a new place of the map with it's own empty space around it, causing it to use the default ceiling/floor heights whenever you make a new sector within that sector.

Basically, I think there is one sector in your map that holds some problem, that is affecting the rest. Try pressing f4, and run the map for errors.

It can be anything, crossed linedefs or unclosed sectors or different sector heights, just make sure you check every sector and compare the ceiling height's with other sectors. But in Doom Builder 1, it should work fine even if your using the wrong srb2 config file like v1.09. Try to use what "TheDoctor" said and press F4 for map errors, if it is a closed sector then that is your problem. But by the look's of this picture it doesn't look like it. When you do that message back and tell us what you find out.

Last edited:
The Map error finder only displayed missing Player Start. I don't think that's relevant. I tried re-installing Srb2DB, but that didn't help. I guess I'll stick with this minor issue and change the ceiling value everytime.

.. Another question : Why are there so many Runtime Errors in srb2 db? They happen so randomly, for instance, if I acidentally press the leftmouse button while switching from 2d mode to 3d, it gets a Runtime error. Why?

The only time I run into runtime error is when I'm switching modes to 2D to 3D too fast. I guess the node builder crashed along the line when switching modes.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back