Suggestions

Is it possible to edit Custom Exit (Linedef Type 2), so that if another flag is checked, the sector will end the level on death rather than contact with the sector? Sort of like when you went to RVZ1 in 1.09.4.

Invisible intangible FOF with Instant Kill and Exit Sector effect. Unless of course you want it to trigger every time the player dies, regardless of where.

I could see this having interesting implications in a bonus level, but I think special stages are already set up like that. Games like the Ecco games come to mind as well, where some levels if you die at least in a certain way you get kicked back more than one level. However, the only reason I liked that was because I liked the cheap difficulty. I still can't think of an appropriate use for that outside of bonus levels.

Suggestion:
In-Game MD2 Switcher.

I know OpenGL isn't your main priority, much less MD2s but how about this?
Let's say you're using Sonic in a netgame and you have MD2s running. But you want to switch your skin to Tails, along with PLAY's MD2. So, you would type something like md2_Play TAILS.MD2, or gr_playmd2 TAILS.MD2, and the game would load up that model after hitting enter.

True, but that would be very hard to pull off. Being effected by gravity would also make sniping Tails players a lot harder, most likely.

Yes, because it's just like in one certain game, you have to snipe someone during a storm from a high tower. And the devs added wind to the mission where it would blow to the side slightly to moderate, making the mission more hard. Shots affected by gravity in SRB2 would be the same, except it'd be bending the rail up/down.

Suggestion:
In-Game MD2 Switcher.

I know OpenGL isn't your main priority, much less MD2s but how about this?
Let's say you're using Sonic in a netgame and you have MD2s running. But you want to switch your skin to Tails, along with PLAY's MD2. So, you would type something like md2_Play TAILS.MD2, or gr_playmd2 TAILS.MD2, and the game would load up that model after hitting enter.

That would just be a horrendous hack. A better option would be to assign MD2s to player skins rather than simply the PLAY sprite.

You didn't get his point, he didn't suggest "replacing the PLAY sprites", he suggested "assigning MD2s to player skins instead"

What's a good example where that would be used?
SRB2 The past, Green flower act 1, 1.09.4 recreation. The level that currently has to use devmode to have the entry method work properly.

My suggestion: A combination of the Swinging chain and the decorative cannonball (Swinging ball and chain). The player would be able to stand on the ball part as it swings back and forth. think the swinging platforms of Greenhill/Marble Zone or the Swinging balls of Medivo in Jazz Jackrabbit.

Site/Forum suggestion: A link back to the main site from the forum.

Last edited:
I don't know if this was suggested before but the abiltity to run up certian tagged walls so loop-de-loops can be made. Also bring back Chaos mode and ZIM's base zone.

Eggmanfan said:
I don't know if this was suggested before but the abiltity to run up certian tagged walls so loop-de-loops can be made. Also bring back Chaos mode and ZIM's base zone.

For the umpteenth time, slopes won't be added in SRB2.But I'd like to see this ability in the SRB2, and this can be made: By turning the climbing ability faster, activating the faster climbing ability only when the player touches a wall, and then, the person who will make a char with this ability would make the sprites of the char walking on the walls. And no, the walls shouldn't have to be tagged to this ability works properly.

This is the theory, I don't know how this would work in the practice. XP

I still think that a friend list a good idea, but that's just my opinion. I'm just waiting to be able to actually play Srb2 again. Damn computer virus.

Anotha suggestion:
Tails' swimming sprites. It is so silly see Tails swinging his Tails in the water when we know that he can't.

Would it be possible to increase the friction on the platforms in ERZ3? They're a bit slipperly due to the low gravity. :\

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 7, Members: 0, Guests: 7)

Back