Post-exit playability (exitmove.lua)
Developer Last Online: Aug 2018

Category: Version: SRB2 Rating:
Released: 06-17-2018 Last Update: Never Installs: 0
Scripts Re-Useable Content

Changelog:
Spoiler:
Pre-v1.0
- Major code change and optimization to fix compatibility with some scripted effects.
- Added the command CUSTOMEXIT.
- Fixed an issue where joining during a paused server with the script or adding the script while in a stage would spam the console with a warning.
- Fixed an issue where the lights wouldn't follow the player appropriately after completing 1 or more levels.
- Fixed lights disappearing permanently when a finished player dies.
- Fixed certain sector effects like Zoom Tubes not working.

v1.1
- Fixed compatibility with Mystic Realm. Mystic Temple stages can now be accessed regardless of the activating player.
- End Signs now spin properly when the first player finishes the level.
- Slight code changes to make it more lightweight in netgames.
- Fixed level finish messages being duplicated.

v1.2
- Added support to Utility's AFK function. Refer to the Known Issues for more information.
- Added the command WARP, which lets you teleport to previous Star Posts once you have finished the level.
- Tweaked REMAINING so it only shows players who can finish the level (non-game-overed or non-AFK ones).
- Fixed goal icon offsets for Eggman (Eggpack) and Knuckles.

v1.3
- Added semi-invulnerability to finished players. They are now unable to lose rings or lives, and are impervious to drowning and suffocating in bodies of water and outerspace sections.
- Fixed exit sector detection on FOFs (specially problematic in AGZ3 and PAZ).
- Fixed goal icon offset for Metal Sonic.

v1.3.1
- Fixed an issue with the underwater timer.

v1.4
- Custom HUD removed. The script no longer conflicts with custom HUD modifications, non-green video modes or the centiseconds display.
This is a very simple yet very requested feature in most Coop servers. The script allows you to play normally around the map after you've finished the level and do whatever you could do while you haven't yet: collect rings, items and kill and be hurt by enemies. You can also warp between Star Posts so you don't get stuck at the end of levels that are a point of no return.

Available commands:
Spoiler:
REMAINING: Shows a list of players who haven't finished the level yet.
CUSTOMEXIT <Half / 3/4 / All>: Sets how many players are needed to finish the level.
WARP: Teleports the player to a previous Star Post in a cyclic fashion, given that the player has finished the level.
Known issues:
Spoiler:
- Due to code conflict, if ExitMove is added after Utility, becoming AFK after finishing the level might lock you into place permanently until the level ends, and unable to suicide. It is recommended to add ExitMove before Utility, or refraining from setting yourself as AFK after being marked as finished otherwise, since finished AFK players still count as finished.
- Finishing a level while other finished player is standing in the same exit sector may cause the finished message not to show or show again for a finished player, or make one of the players stuck.
- Players that join in between the level end and the score tally might cause the level to get stuck. Altering CUSTOMEXIT is the recommended solution.

Download Now

File Type: lua exitmove.lua (9.6 KB, 129 views)

Screenshots

Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20045.gif
Views:	318
Size:	2.29 MB
ID:	13139   Click image for larger version

Name:	srb20046.gif
Views:	194
Size:	3.21 MB
ID:	13206  

Show Your Support

• The author of this addon has given explicit permission for its content to be re-used and/or reproduced.

Comments
Old 07-04-2018   #2
HellHawkX
Judge

Welcome to releases
<RoyKirbs> I'm currently causing child abuse.
HellHawkX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018   #3
CowboyJoseph64
why does this account exist

it's one of those things I never knew I wanted, but now that we have it I am very happy. This should be a staple on co-op servers.
CowboyJoseph64 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2018   #4
Ikkarou Tatsuru
派手

I'm terribly sorry for having to update the file so soon, but I've just fixed a problem with the goal lights. The script shouldn't have any glaring problems right now, but please tell me if you find something!
Old 07-05-2018   #5
Ikkarou Tatsuru
派手

Default Update!

I really hope no mods target me for this double post, but I have a slightly major update to announce. ExitMove now works with Mystic Realm!

Here is the full list of changes.
v1.1
- Fixed compatibility with Mystic Realm. Mystic Temple stages can now be accessed regardless of the activating player.
- End Signs now spin properly when the first player finishes the level.
- Slight code changes to make the script more lightweight in netgames.
- Fixed level finish messages being duplicated.

Please report any new glitches or inconveniences!

Last edited by Ikkarou Tatsuru; 07-07-2018 at 06:48 PM. Reason: Good bye, old version!
Ikkarou Tatsuru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2018   #6
Ikkarou Tatsuru
派手

Default Update! v1.2

New day, new update! This time, I'm bringing in a new command to enhance the script experience and adding the so-asked for compatibility with Utility.

v1.2
- Added support to Utility's AFK function. Refer to the Known Issues for more information.
- Added the command WARP, which lets you teleport to previous Star Posts once you have finished the level.
- Tweaked REMAINING so it only shows players who can finish the level (non-game-overed or non-AFK ones).
- Fixed goal icon offsets for Eggman (Eggpack) and Knuckles.

I appreciate any feedback, bug reports and ideas to improve the script. Enjoy!

Last edited by Ikkarou Tatsuru; 07-10-2018 at 02:29 PM. Reason: I ate the old version
Old 07-10-2018   #7
Ikkarou Tatsuru
派手

Default Update! v1.3

Here we come with another requested update. Have fun ~

v1.3
- Added semi-invulnerability to finished players. They are now unable to lose rings or lives, and are impervious to drowning and suffocating in bodies of water and outerspace sections.
- Fixed exit sector detection on FOFs (specially problematic in AGZ3 and PAZ).
- Fixed goal icon offset for Metal Sonic.

Last edited by Ikkarou Tatsuru; 07-14-2018 at 03:05 PM. Reason: Check the reply right under here
Old 07-14-2018   #8
Ikkarou Tatsuru
派手

Default Small bugfix!

Bringing a small bugfix. While there are other glitches, they aren't very gameplay disrupting and since their nature is hardcoded they're not priority as of now.

v1.3.1
- Fixed an issue with the underwater timer.

Last edited by Ikkarou Tatsuru; 07-30-2018 at 12:30 AM. Reason: Chomp
Old 07-23-2018   #9
gregory_house
ʇxǝʇ pǝddᴉlɟ ɹɐoɯ ɥʇᴉʍ ʍoN

WARNING: ./DOWNLOAD/exitmove.lua line:296: bad argument #1 to 'P_TeleportMove' (MOBJ_T* expected, got number)

So this happened in a MP server when the host finished. The goal orb never appeared for the host and every other one stopped following us and stood still. No new ones ever appeared after that.

A level reset resets that behaviour (works fine until the host finishes).

Also, the (custom timer HUD?) has some issues with certain resolutions and permanently disables things like the centiseconds indication of the timerrres variable.

Resolution issues example here:

EDIT: Also, no idea why, but the time loops back to 0:00 after every hour.

Last edited by gregory_house; 07-26-2018 at 11:27 PM.
gregory_house is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-26-2018   #10
Ikkarou Tatsuru
派手

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregory_house View Post
WARNING: ./DOWNLOAD/exitmove.lua line:296: bad argument #1 to 'P_TeleportMove' (MOBJ_T* expected, got number)

So this happened in a MP server when the host finished. The goal orb never appeared for the host and every other one stopped following us and stood still. No new ones ever appeared after that.

A level reset resets that behaviour (works fine until the host finishes).
Do you have access to the files the host used in that server? This isn't a glitch I've noticed in most file combinations so I imagine a different one might be triggering this behavior (the only instances where P_TeleportMove is called have only the light mobj as an argument, so it's a little strange that it got a number in the first place).

Quote:
Originally Posted by gregory_house View Post
Also, the (custom timer HUD?) has some issues with certain resolutions and permanently disables things like the centiseconds indication of the timerrres variable.

Resolution issues example here: <image>

EDIT: Also, no idea why, but the time loops back to 0:00 after every hour.
Those issues are related. ExitMove uses a custom timer to properly stop HUD time for finished players and thus has to use different variables, since the variable that measures time is the same that lets players move around.

About the 1 hour issue, that might be related to the function used to convert minutes into seconds, and although I think it should display everything properly, I'll take another look at the code again. I am going to try including a centisseconds display and accurate positioning for non-green resolutions, well... As soon as I figure out how.
Old 07-27-2018   #11
gregory_house
ʇxǝʇ pǝddᴉlɟ ɹɐoɯ ɥʇᴉʍ ʍoN

Quote:
Do you have access to the files the host used in that server?
Basically the files Spectrum uses every day in his server. That issue seemed to disappear the other days though.
Old 07-30-2018   #12
Ikkarou Tatsuru
派手

Default Update! v1.4

Due to requests, the custom HUD has been removed (with a much more effective solution, actually. I've got to apologize for not thinking of it before) so you don't get ugly time counting with your mods. Here it is!

v1.4
- Custom HUD removed. The script no longer conflicts with custom HUD modifications, non-green video modes or the centiseconds display.
Attached Files
File Type: lua exitmove.lua (9.6 KB, 73 views)

Last edited by Ikkarou Tatsuru; 07-30-2018 at 12:42 AM. Reason: Typo