SRB2 Message Board  

Go Back   SRB2 Message Board > Sonic Robo Blast 2 > Help

Old 02-26-2018   #1
Pending new username

Default SRB2 on RetroPie

Hello! I happen to have a Raspberry Pi 3 B+ with RetroPie installed. Is there any way I can install SRB2 onto it? I really want to play with some siblings using LAN. Can you help me out?
Pending new username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018   #2
Monster Iestyn
Friendly Neighbour-Hood

I don't think any regular members here use RetroPie (could be wrong!), but it appears the RetroPie forum community have had a go at getting SRB2 to work on that: https://retropie.org.uk/forum/topic/...obo-blast-2/24

(could have sworn there used to be more discussion in said thread last I looked at it, I'm not sure how the forums there work exactly)

That's an uppercase i, not a lowercase L, for the record. Also, it's pronounced "Yes-tin".
Monster Iestyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2018   #3
Sryder13
'That brit'
Judge

I can see it being possible to install on the Raspberry Pi if you can compile it since it's still running Linux as far as I can tell. I might give compiling it a shot on my own at some point and see how it goes.
Old 02-26-2018   #4
Pending new username

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monster Iestyn View Post
I don't think any regular members here use RetroPie (could be wrong!), but it appears the RetroPie forum community have had a go at getting SRB2 to work on that: https://retropie.org.uk/forum/topic/...obo-blast-2/24

(could have sworn there used to be more discussion in said thread last I looked at it, I'm not sure how the forums there work exactly)
Thank you so much! Now I got everything I need to make a Portable SRB2 console! Thanks!
Pending new username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018   #5
Sryder13
'That brit'
Judge

Just a heads up, I've been able to get it compiled and running on my Raspberry Pi, seems to even be compatible for netplay with 32-bit Windows and Linux versions from the small amount of testing I did, at least when I ran it as a dedicated server. Seemed to be very, very slow to actually run it with video output unless you're on the lowest resolution in windowed mode, but maybe RetroPie does something to help with that.

Last edited by Sryder13; 02-27-2018 at 02:45 AM.
Sryder13 is offline   Reply With Quote