This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.

barkley

Kart Krew™️
A track based on the obvious level from the sonic rush adventure game, this 3 lap track is definitely not the best visually but I wanted it to be a fast and furious type of track with turns a plenty and sections that don't miss a beat which I would say it meets the mark.

I do hope in the future to perhaps do more tracks based on the rush games to maybe compile into a cup (and also work on my track visual skills, honestly surprised how tough it is), but for now I hope this track is as fun for everyone as it is for me.

Map slot is Map65.

Changelog
v1.01: Lowered the filesize on the music heavily and did a few touchups graphically, mainly some things and signs put in a few places.
v1.02: Changed a few sign positions to make upcoming turns more noticeable and added some captain whisker signs at the entrances going into the ships interior
v1.03: Touched up the captain whisker signs, made QOL changes to serveral turns, and changed up a few graphics (added a beach and added gaps in the walls of the spring turns)
v1.04: hopefully fixed up boss waypoints and starposts, changed the skybox to one set at night, and added more QOL changes to the design
v1.05: actually fixed the boss waypoints this time
v1.06: big boy update. changed almost all the indoor textures to not induce eye bleeding, added graphics changes like doors/structures/more spooks/new spooks, made turns that needed to be easier easier, added a shortcut to the springs section, and fixed up the minimap so it doesnt display you in the completely wrong place. thanks to sharb for pointing out the brighting setting for sectors, idk how i even missed it.
This is likely to be the final update unless massive bugs/exploits get pointed out. I feel pretty pleased with what it is now.
v1.07: updated level select pic because my adhd made me gloss over it : D
v1.08: changed sprites to take over a different slot since they were conflicting with another maps sprite slots

Credits:

Haunted Ship enemy sprites are by Ragey
Haunted Ship skybox is by TrishRowdy
Haunted ship textures and tiles are by Techokami

Attachments

• kart0029.png
    kart0029.png
    169 KB · Views: 519
  • kart0029.png
    kart0029.png
    169 KB · Views: 546
  • kart0026.png
    kart0026.png
    266 KB · Views: 509
  • kart0026.png
    kart0026.png
    266 KB · Views: 521
  • kart0028.png
    kart0028.png
    147.3 KB · Views: 499
  • kart0028.png
    kart0028.png
    147.3 KB · Views: 507
  • KR_Haunted_Ship-v1.08.pk3
    1.4 MB · Views: 407
  • KR_Haunted_Ship-v1.08.pk3
    1.4 MB · Views: 426
Last edited:
Okay this is cool but the lack of sonic rush music is a sorta deal breaker to me.
Edit: maybe an older version. Never mind.

Last edited:
...Huh? I just replayed it to make sure I wasn't going crazy, and it does use Sonic Rush's Haunted Ship music, what are you talking about?

Attachments

• kart0013.png
    kart0013.png
    42.1 KB · Views: 289
  • kart0013.png
    kart0013.png
    42.1 KB · Views: 275

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back