New Special Stages

Status
Not open for further replies.
Because one is a super form, the other is a Nightmaren that exists in the dream world.

Having Tails and Knuckles turn into super sonic makes no sense. It works for NiGHTS mode, but for single player You may have to add Super Tails and Super Knuckles.

Imagine that Super Sonic is an entity, almost like a deity, within the realm of the Chaos Emeralds, which we know as Special Stages. Visitors can enter the temple and fuse their body with the deity, temporarily acquiring the powers of the emeralds and earning the ability of flight. Now, after collecting all the emeralds, that's it, but it just so happens that Sonic is the counterpart of the deity in the "real" world, so he has the unique capability of harnessing the emeralds' power outside the special stages.

Or you could just ignore it because the game is fun.

Imagine that Super Sonic is an entity, almost like a deity, within the realm of the Chaos Emeralds, which we know as Special Stages. Visitors can enter the temple and fuse their body with the deity, temporarily acquiring the powers of the emeralds and earning the ability of flight. Now, after collecting all the emeralds, that's it, but it just so happens that Sonic is the counterpart of the deity in the "real" world, so he has the unique capability of harnessing the emeralds' power outside the special stages.

That's exactly what I was trying to say.

So it's like NiGHTS, pretty much? The humans fuse with NiGHTS then fly around~

You know, none of these silly, useless, over-deeply imagined suggestions would be necessary if you guys just made some non-super floating Sonic sprites for the Nights Stages. That way, Tails and Knuckles would fit in without any super discussion for them. But we can't do that for some reason, right?

Welp. Just saying...

Last edited:

So SRB2 woud venture into Fleetway/ Archie Tossed in Space territory?

You know, none of these silly, useless, over-deeply imagined suggestions would be necessary if you guys just made some non-super floating Sonic sprites for the Nights Stages. That way, Tails and Knuckles would fit in without any super discussion for them. But we can't do that for some reason, right?

Welp. Just saying...

http://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=22849

Its not that they don't exist; its just that code would probably be rewritten, character wads would need MORE sprites, and probably more issues I don't know. Otherwise, this could have been done years ago.

Why not a combo of the NiGHTS track and S3dBlast Genesis' special stages? Get something like the sonic 2 ones only without the pipe.

Just need to lock automatic running to the on position and disable having anything turn the camera, or prevent camera turns from turning the player.

Not to mention the whole reason NiGHTS mode is in the game at all is for the use in special stages. It's not like we have all these random alternate gameplay modes like 2D for no reason.

Why don't we go with this, Tails/Knuckles enters a special stage and a giant scary panda god-like thing turns them into the super form of the greatest hero of the planet.

THE END!

I hope that explains stuff because, in reality... it's a freaking fangame! Do remember that you go from a volcano to a Eggman base... IN SPACE! We can be silly

Feist.jpg
Got a problem with that?

Last edited:
I really don't care if Miles or Knuckles can't go super, it will make progress a lot faster. Ever looked at drill.dat in XWE? The team will have to make three more files like that!

Yea, I know but, you still go to a volcano to a city then to space. Maybe not as ridiculous but still.

The actual missing link there is the the Grand Eggship, which would serve the same purpose as Wing Fortress and provide explanation as to how Sonic ended up in outer space.

/late, but I need to bump this topic to say something quick.

If we give Tails and Knuckles individual sprites to fly around as NiGHTS, that would mean each and all custom characters will need them as well. Not just flying, but drilling. That would scare the rest of the newbies wanting to make a new character.

I guess using Super Sonic for all characters is lazy, and trying to make up a backstory is viewed as an excuse. Adding the actual Nightmaren in would most likely be denied. But each and every one of you know that it takes time to draw a sprite for a game mode that's not even that popular. If sprite wasn't a problem, we would of gotten a complete set of Knuckles sprites after Tails was finished years ago.

/late, but I need to bump this topic to say something quick.

If we give Tails and Knuckles individual sprites to fly around as NiGHTS, that would mean each and all custom characters will need them as well. Not just flying, but drilling. That would scare the rest of the newbies wanting to make a new character.

I guess using Super Sonic for all characters is lazy, and trying to make up a backstory is viewed as an excuse. Adding the actual Nightmaren in would most likely be denied. But each and every one of you know that it takes time to draw a sprite for a game mode that's not even that popular. If sprite wasn't a problem, we would of gotten a complete set of Knuckles sprites after Tails was finished years ago.
I knew that was the reason you guys weren't considering it. Who cares about the wadder's? It's not something that should hinder you guys from doing the best for SRB2. Wadding is just an extra thing, let them get over changes like they always have.

Besides, the current special stages still will be compatible when this version is up and running, right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back