Metal Anyone v2 - Leave your Ability to Fate!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since nobody saw my post, I'm gonna repeat it again.
Metal sometimes doesn't match the stats of the character he's imitating, Knuckles for instance doesn't jump as low as he should.

Also if they played exactly similar to the characters Metal is mimicking, what would be the point of playing as Metal Anyone when I can just play as Knuckles.

Sonic characters are not necessarily SRB2 characters. They don't have to be taken straight from other SRB2 characters, his stats can just play similar to the character as portrayed in other Sonic games that Metal's mimicking, or stats that compliment the ability.

Sonic characters are not necessarily SRB2 characters. They don't have to be taken straight from other SRB2 characters, his stats can just play similar to the character as portrayed in other Sonic games that Metal's mimicking, or stats that compliment the ability.

This. D00D doesn't have to be a stickler to stats from content he hasn't developed himself, and it would be unrealistic to maintain every time there's a rebalance or update of someone else's character.

While I did change my Blaze skin's ability to match this character's, I still ultimately did it because it's a much better idea for Blaze than what I had, and people going from Blaze to MetalAnyone won't have any false expectations. The idea of doing it for the sake of perfect consistency is kinda ridiculous, I'm pretty sure my Blaze's stats don't match Metal's here.

Last edited:
This. D00D doesn't have to be a stickler to stats from content he hasn't developed himself, and it would be unrealistic to maintain every time there's a rebalance or update of someone else's character.

While I did change my Blaze skin's ability to match this character's, I still ultimately did it because it's a much better idea for Blaze than what I had, and people going from Blaze to MetalAnyone won't have any false expectations. The idea of doing it for the sake of perfect consistency is kinda ridiculous, I'm pretty sure my Blaze's stats don't match Metal's here.

Most of the stats are ok like they are, the only big different thing is Metal's Jump as knuckles which is 1.0 instead of 0.75(lua and fracunit can't work well with 0.75 so you'd have to use 3*facunit/4 because 3/4 is 0.75), other than that his stats are well made and the only thing that's missing is swim(which D00D hates a lot, but it's on the same level as telekinesis).

Most of the stats are ok like they are, the only big different thing is Metal's Jump as knuckles which is 1.0 instead of 0.75(lua and fracunit can't work well with 0.75 so you'd have to use 3*facunit/4 because 3/4 is 0.75), other than that his stats are well made and the only thing that's missing is swim(which D00D hates a lot, but it's on the same level as telekinesis).

For the last time, he is not adding that damn swim ability. Stop mentioning it already. You already made your own version of the wad, just use that and the rest of us will all enjoy the official version that doesn't have swim.

Last edited:
The entire reason why GlideClimb lacks a short jump is because... I forgot. There's modifyable code for jumpheight just sitting there, all I did was forget. I'll update eventually.

other than that his stats are well made and the only thing that's missing is swim(which D00D hates a lot, but it's on the same level as telekinesis).

For the last damn time, I am not adding swim, you CANNOT influence my decision any further, and you are outright ANNOYING me with this!

Fucking STOP it.
Christ.

The entire reason why GlideClimb lacks a short jump is because... I forgot. There's modifyable code for jumpheight just sitting there, all I did was forget. I'll update eventually.

For the last damn time, I am not adding swim, you CANNOT influence my decision any further, and you are outright ANNOYING me with this!

Fucking STOP it.
Christ.

Well man, calm down, we'll not bother you anymore, if that's what you want. Anyway, can we change the topic of this to something more... Relevant than annoy someone to do something?

Oh, its not ALL of you, just him. And not just on the MB either! He pestered me for hours on IRC too!

The rest of you, you're not doing anything wrong, don't worry about it.

Oh, its not ALL of you, just him. And not just on the MB either! He pestered me for hours on IRC too!

I can't believe he would go that far to get an insignificant, utterly useless ability in the wad.

I'd just say ignore him. And besides, of someone really wanted to add swim, your code is simple enough to follow that even someone with no experience in Lua (a.k.a. Me) can add in a swim ability with relative ease. In fact, I did, just so all abilities would be there.

But still, the code is easy enough to add to as is, so just ignore him, eventually his pestering may become his downfall.

just ignore him, eventually his pestering may become his downfall.

Philosopher detected. Anyway, i'd wanted to say that, too, but... I still wanna use the Swim ability on Metal Anyone, but as ol' Kirblord said, beggers can't be choosers, i guess. Changing topic, Metal Anyone is a very good tutorial of all existing abilities of the game. It serves as a very good starting character for newbies to SRB2, so... It goes directly to my favourites! (I really like him to be flashing gold when super, like ol' Metal Sonic, but with the choosed ability. Anyway, i like the transforming animation :P)

why do you even care about the swim ability

it's literally flight, for underwater segments only.

I think the swim ability just needs to be redone and actually function like you're swimming as soon as you enter water.
Also I want to correct you so badly...

why do you even care about the swim ability

it's literally flight, for underwater segments only.

Because it's a point of the wad(show all SP abilities, the other reason to play this wad is the randomness of it) and if telekinesis gets added(which gives you almost nothing too) then why not ? The only reason why it doesn't get added is that D00D hates swim and won't accept it as a main ability, even if it's as useful as telekinesis, but I can live with that, the only reason why I even posted that screenshot was to show that swim could work but if D00D hates it and doesn't want to add it to a character that uses SP abilities then ok, it's his wad.

And it's infinite flight with waterrun, so it's not the same, even if it works like flight and is an edit of it(the same thing could be said for thok/homing with that logic).

Yes,I asked you about it once, that talk was like for 5 minutes and not more, I only asked you for your reasons to not include it. If you don't want it, then don't add it to your wad.

And it's infinite flight with waterrun, so it's not the same, even if it works like flight and is an edit of it(the same thing could be said for thok/homing with that logic).

what

You just stated that it IS flight just by saying it's infinite flight. It's infinite flight underwater plus waterrun and that's all, much like how the homing attack is just the thok with the ability to home into enemies. In levels with no water in them at all, this is essentially like having no ability whatsoever whereas Telekinesis can actually be used quite often for dealing with enemies. I'd honestly be rather pissed to get the Swim character in Egg Rock Zone 2, where all there is enemies upon enemies and no water to speak of. I get that you just want to include every vanilla ability, but swim is just a useless ability to have in over 75% of the game. Inazuma, a character in 2.0 who uses swim, had a secondary sort of ability to spawn an Attraction Shield as he spins as the creator knew that swim wasn't always going to be useful in every given situation. If you have to make a second ability because your primary ability will almost never be used, that's a pretty bad primary ability.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back