[Open Assets] [Srb2Heroes] Team Pony

This content may be freely modified and/or maintained by anyone.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Demnyx Onyxfur

Demnyx Onyxfur
Ever want some colorful horses in a Sonic game (or a fan game)? And you wanted them in a team? Alright, here you go.
3X0U6Rn.png

This is strictly for SRB2 Heroes. Use without will not work.
Though, if you do have a version of the WAD with all the necessary Lua ripped for the teams to work, then this will work just fine.

This team consists of Rainbow Dash, Fluttershy, and Applejack, each being Speed, Fly, and Power respectively.

Rainbow Dash, being a Speed type, naturally runs pretty fast. She can use her Homing Attack to easily take out enemies. She does not have the Light Dash ability.
8CxZ1Ry.gif
Fluttershy can use her wings to carry her teammates across gaps.
oD034RY.gif
Applejack is able to break all kinds of breakable walls, but is not able to glide or climb. Instead she has a jump thok. She can break walls by either running into them or using her ability.
4CSoSQR.gif

aiw8qPC.png

One with the normal HUD icons (Team_Pony):
A93UtFx.png

And one with the old HUD icons (Team_Pony_Alt):
w9wFj92.png

Dropbox Links:
Team_Pony
Team_Pony_Alt

Credits:
Original Character WADs by Sutekh94 (akb778)
Sprites by urimas on DeviantART
Tripel the Fox for the Team Lua template

Attachments

• Team_Pony.zip
    380.2 KB · Views: 1,837
  • Team_Pony_Alt.zip
    382.6 KB · Views: 1,205
Last edited:
I might fiddle with some of their stats, even though this is gonna get kicked under the rug like Eggmanese was.

Last edited:
the bravery it took to post something people will cringe at you for .... i respect you

It bothers me a little bit that this wad seems to be the exception for "criticism" when it comes to sprites. I get they're not yours, but...

There doesn't appear to be any shading in the sprites, only flat colors. While I applaud you for having the guts to upload this at all - more polish could be put into the sprites themselves. Anti-aliasing, adding some kind of 'shine', just in general try not to make them look so flat, and viola, you'll have something very good.

I'm actually amazed this was even accepted. I wasn't really planning to try to submit this, but hey, why not? I can see that the sprites definitely need some polish compared to the game's sprites. I might give it a touch up, eventually.

I think that's because in the cartoon(and god please...) they don't have any sort of shading...at all, just flat color

This is a pretty solid heroes team. Just one thing that I have a nitpick with;
In the show, Fluttershy could barely hold a single pony, let alone two.

I would've chosen Twilight as the Fly character, but whatever makes you happy.

I think that's because in the cartoon(and god please...) they don't have any sort of shading...at all, just flat color

Well there are the many moments with the lens flares...

It only makes them stand out like an eyesore, though. They would fit into the game much more if they had any actual shading and anti alias to go along.

It can go without saying that their sprites do feel a tad small as well.

It only makes them stand out like an eyesore, though. They would fit into the game much more if they had any actual shading and anti alias to go along.

It can go without saying that their sprites do feel a tad small as well.

I agree with the anti alias(although I couldn't care less, for some reason I like stuff sharp on SRB2. It just fits.) but what's wrong with the no shading? They're not even supposed to be in SRB2. And like I've stated before, they are just flat colored in the cartoon, so what the heck. You saying it's an eyesore, when I look to it there's nothing wrong... It's like asking to put shading on Blu from "Foster Mansion", which is just a blue pe- ghost shaped figure, which again has no shading.( though gameplay wise he wouldn't work... too hard to know what's he doing.)

To get my point across, if I started on a Megaman wad for SRB2, would you rather have me to actually try making him fit into the game's style, or just leave him without any shading just to resemble his NES sprites?

MLP Ponies are not Mr. Game & Watch. Being "flat" is not something that defines their designs at all. In the same fashion, I could take AOSTH Robotnik and put him in SRB2 while giving him black outlines and absolutely no shading because "he has no shading in the cartoon". It's a stupid excuse that sacrifices consistency and actually fitting visuals to the game.

Context is important. The sprites on their own are not bad. The problem is that they don't match the style of the game's environment. An appropriate aesthetic for a character wad would have the same shading and outlining style as the rest of SRB2's characters.

I'd like to say the author (almost definitely) didn't make the sprites. The sprites are from some online My Little Pony fan-game thing, which can help explain the lack of shading, as it wasn't intended for Sonic Robo Blast 2 in the first place.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back