Jade Sunset underconstruction!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wikipedia entry for Dragon Ball said:
In the Sonic the Hedgehog series, there are arguably a few references to Dragon Ball. Both the Chaos Emeralds and Super Sonic are nods to Toriyama's work. (Super Sonic is debatable, however, as the 'golden warrior' is a common Japanese legend and where Toriayama got his original inspiration for the Super Saiya-jin design.) According to the Japanese strategy guide for Sonic Jam, the special stages in Sonic the Hedgehog 3 and Sonic & Knuckles were inspired by King Kai's planet. The Jewel Radar, which bears a strong visual and functional resemblance to the Dragon Radar, is mentioned in the Sonic the Hedgehog 3 Japanese manual and appears in Sonic Riders.
There wouldn't be an argument if they came out at the same time. I'm pretty sure SSJ came in the manga in 1990-1991, which would make it perfect for a reference. It's certainly possible they could do it on their own, but I'd say it's more likely that they'd simply reference DBZ. Especially considering the popularity of the series, it would have been a reference everyone would have gotten. I mean, even the name: "Super Sonic" and "Super Saiya-jin". I think it's a little more than just sheer coincidence.

nope. SSJ first came into the series 1992. You can look it up if you want. But they both got the "super form" out of chinese legend.

Well it's decided...

I'm going to start working on a game that'll include the finished version of Jade Sunset in it. The game is 100% in place but it'll have at least 7 zones in it. It'll also use sound tracks or altered sound tracks from old Sonic games and it has a plot to it.

Story: Ryan Hedge is running through the Desert near the Crater Village when one of Robotniks' badniks flies to him.

Badnik: A letter from Dr. Robotnik to you Hedge

*Ryan grabs letter*
*Badnik flies off*

Letter:
Hahaha! I have finally done something right, I have captured your girlfriend Salina and confined her where her powers won't be of use! If you want Salina returned safely, bring the Chaos emeralds of Earth to my based on Mobius marked on this letter.
Dr. Robotnik

Ryan: Robuttnik you won't get away with this! You picked the wrong guy to guy to mess with!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 2, Members: 0, Guests: 2)

Back