Contest Discussion Topic (2.1.X)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I guess I win then give me that yellow text!
YOU'RE_WINNER_trophy.jpg

Considering the contest is almost certainly delayed 'till some more maps come in, this is about all you're going to get.

I think the problem is that there's no announcement or anything of the sort about the beginning of an OLDC's submission period (Or at least, nothing I've seen), which results in people having no idea that it's time to submit their maps.

At least, I didn't know about this OLDC. Not like I was going to submit any maps or anything, but I like the stuff that comes out of here, like Haunted Hill Zone.

I think the problem is that there's no announcement or anything of the sort about the beginning of an OLDC's submission period (Or at least, nothing I've seen), which results in people having no idea that it's time to submit their maps.
There is no "submission period". You can submit maps at any time.

http://mb.srb2.org/announcement.php?f=77&a=21

Also, this thing exists.

All contest submissions are due by 7:00 PM local time in the eastern time zone of the United States on the last day of every other month. Because of Daylight Saving Time, this is GMT-4 on April 30th, June 30th, August 31st, and October 31st, and GMT-5 on December 31st and February 28th/29th.

Any late submissions entered before the compilation is created might be included, but there is no guarantee of this, so please get your entry in on time. Entries that miss the cut-off will be entered into the next contest period. If, for any reason, the contest deadline is extended, an announcement will be made announcing the extension. The deadline will never be cut short.

In particular, this part of it.

That's probably because literally nobody has been discussing their ideas for the December OLDC, which makes it seem like there's nothing to do. I'm just saying, if there would've been more discussion, map screenshots, whatever, perhaps more people would've been inspired to make a map in time for the OLDC themselves.

http://mb.srb2.org/showthread.php?t=37881

We used to have a cool thread for that.

Did I hear "OLDC discussion thread"?

srb20124.png

I think I heard "OLDC discussion thread"!

srb20125.png

Those on IRC already know what this level is, but I thought I'd share it here anyway.

This post prooooobably won't spark up any more showcasing but I tried :(.

I'm working on a map named Floral Shop Zone. As the name implies, it's a shop full of flowers. I'm confident I'll get this finished by the next OLDC.
zhzB3HJ.png
U9zY9hp.png
It's incredibly unfinished right now, but I'd still appreciate feedback while I'm ahead.

EDIT:
zrjKbsN.png

I have something to show now

Last edited:
xb8XLVG.png

Ojasl4B.png

0LOyQMY.png

r63LDxS.png

Ye5jgeb.png

2rezmod.png

e35tGW5.png

I said more images...
Maybe eventually? Maybe eventually...

Last edited:
2muchtrees4me.Anyways, it's magnifiscent... But there is too much trees for my opinion, you should remove some.

2muchtrees4me.

It also runs at about 6 fps on my 4.1ghz machine because of them! Go me!!!

Anyway, I haven't touched this in like two years, maybe even three at this point, save for (kinda) porting it to 2.1 a month or two ago...I think I might just finish it. There's a LOT of stuff that needs betterifying...and I also don't have a gimmick so the parts that are finished can literally be run through with no difficulties at this point...

Also, Evil, I'm loving those Hill Top trees. Seriously. Though I think the first screenshot of that second post has a bit of an overabundance of the small ones on that upper level...perhaps swap some for larger ones or perhaps go with some sort of medium-sized variant?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 4, Members: 0, Guests: 4)

Back