Time Left in regular maps, not special stages?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Theqmayn

Can you make it so the time left shows in single player maps, and not special stages? I mean, I am making a map that is timed for two minutes, can I have something show how much time left before the player dies?

As far as I am aware, there is a timelimit option you can put in the level header, just check the wiki about it. (Oh and to make sure, put the limit in SECONDS, not in minutes, so if you want a 10 mins cooldown, put 600 as value.)

There's a reason that feature is crap: Using a time limit on regular maps is a bad idea and you shouldn't do it. A time limit punishes players who get lost or just like to explore the stage. If you want people to feel pressure to go fast, use collapsing platforms or other time-sensitive level mechanics instead of an artificial time limit.

Sorry to bump this thread towards an extinct user, but i believe his point was to make a similar function to that of SA2's Green Forest and Security Hall. These stages placed the player on a time limit before the next in-game event happened. So the map might be linear, but its not planned to be that easy. I agree with your point Mystic, but by the look of how his threads seem to turn out, he was trying to create an SA2 mod.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back