This spring thing.....

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mastakirby

Gacha obsessed
I don't know if there is a topic on this already but when the character I am making goes on a spring srb2 just closes, can someone tell me why this is happening?

Does your character have spring jump frames? Or are you trying to use custom spring frames like...... Up spring frame. Spin. Down spring frame? It is probably just an error. Try re-downloading SRB2 and try again. If it still doesn't work one of us will probably help :)

Most likely it is a SigSegV, or Signal Handler: Segment Violation. It needs spring jump frames pretty much. You're welcome.

A) Newest Beta of XWE has lowercase naming.
B) Use the "clean up" function in XWE and crack open a hex editor. Scroll down (all the way, yes all) and change the A's and B's to lowercase. Since Hex editors overwrite the next character, highlight the upper-case letter and enter the lower-case version. You only need to do this on the "A" and "B" lumps.
(And yes, all this is coming from a level designer. Don't ask.)
If anyone could add on to my hex thing, much appreciated. I just know I missed something.

Thank's for helping guys. You all helped me understand what I was doing wrong, I'll test the wad later but for now i need to finish up one of my projects for school.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back