Upcoming server move

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mystic

Sepwich will be moving to a new server in the near future. This means that there may be upcoming downtime, rollback, and even a reset.

While a reset is not likely, I do feel the need to mention it every time there is a move. However, it is likely that there will be a little bit of rollback, with some newer topics disappearing and the forum reverting to a version without the latest topics. This kind of stuff is normal, and should only happen once.

Basically, continue using the forums as usual, just be aware that there may be a little bit of weirdness (and hopefully not a lot) in the upcoming days.

Yes, that's the main reason behind the move. The host of Sepwich refuses to admit that there is a problem, when it's perfectly clear that there is.

Frequently, right after I post, it gives me a 'Server cannot be found' error.
I am guessing that if the server takes too long to process anything, the software automatically gives you that error.

EDIT: Wow, this post would mark the first time since I can remember that it didn't. I'm lucky!

Good Lord, people! It's just an average server move! We've been through this before. No big deal. We have about 5 backups of the database, so nothing should go wrong.

Yeah, I'm just making sure everyone knows in case something DOES go wrong. Downtime and little quirks happen =P

HELLO I AM MAKING A STUPID TOPIC IN WHICH I WILL BREAK EVERY RULE AND NOT GET INTO TROUBLE FOR IT BECAUSE OF THE SERVER MOVE. I WILL NOW BAN MYSELF. BUT IT WON'T MATTER BECAUSE I'LL HAVE NEVER BEEN BANNED AFTER THE SERVER MOVE.

D: Don't get yourself banned Jason! But then again if you get banned, it won't be there after the server move...

OH THE HUMANITY D:

Seriously, it doesn't. I only have, what 600 something posts and I've been here since the very start of this forums. (Actually, I was here on the old one, but I had only posted a little.)

Ok, fine. It doesn't matter. Now then....

Let's not try to post any awesome topics or something, it might get deleted once the sepwich apocalipse starts.

This would be a good time to back up the database again...
xd.gif

Fufufu...... Mystic, thats for tempbaning me. :twisted:

Karma, karma, mystic! :twisted: :twisted:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Who is viewing this thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Back